Wednesday, August 19, 2026

The Fire

 The fire, whose smoke column we saw from the lake, began as a house fire.  The family lost everything and was connected with the Red Cross, a statement that makes me sad.

I don't know how families go through losing homes to fire, all their belongings, memories, often their pets and just start over again, often at a later age.  

Or how they do it, financially.

The friend I went to the lake with is the lady who is living on the decrepid disgusting property that she and her brother bought, after selling her mom's house in town, without really looking on the inside.  She assumed her friend and coworker, who owned the dump, bred big dogs there, was an outspoken "Christian", would not lie to her.  But she did lie and the place is a disaster and should be demolished.

I guess she's seeing a therapist now, or someone, over the depression she's sunk into, after such a mess and being so deceived.   She really needs a miracle, like to find a nonprofit that would take that mess of a structure away and pull in with a livable mobile home.

If she loses her half time job, I can't see how she'll afford to do all the repairs and trash removal needed at this dump.   I had warned her about it after driving by it once before they bought it and seeing it as a junkyard and anyone who lived there as crazy, due to the junk outside.  Junk outside to me meant the inside was probably a wreck too I told her. Besides, breeding big dogs?   Inside a mobile home? That's nuts on its own.   I knew the place inside would be torn up and stink to high heaven, and it was and it did.  Probably should be condemned.

There's nothing I can do.  I need to let that go in my mind.  But at least I can invite her to go to the lake now and then, for some fun.   I love to have company when I go places.  It's been tough to find company for adventures.  From her place, the lake is like twenty minutes drive.  

There's the stick outhouse.   It will be soon enough be high and dry.



Picnic site---my friend looks to be asleep.


It was a very pleasant day, outside of the bee sting.

I wish I knew of some housing solution for my friend, but I don't.  

I had thought about a one night out camp trip, heading out today, to avoid the weekenders, but I'll pass.  Tired myself out yesterday.

This weekend is the Art and Air Festival here.  I'm excited about that.   I hope the weather cooperates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fire

 The fire, whose smoke column we saw from the lake, began as a house fire.  The family lost everything and was connected with the Red Cross,...