Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Four Kittens Fixed and Life at the Lake

 I had four boy kittens in my bathroom last night.  They were adorable, here for just the night.  This morning I took them over to the clinic to be fixed.

A lady in Lebanon had requested help.  She'd taken in a stray mom who promptly had five kittens.  She got the mom fixed last week, but couldn't afford to get the now 3 month old kittens fixed.  The girl would wait because she was underweight and had a cold.  But the four boys were fixed today.  She and a neighbor of hers went to pick them up at the clinic after they had been fixed.

That left me free to go up to the lake with the same friend who went last week.

We both know summer is on the wane.   The Corp will start lowering the reservoir level days after Labor Day, which is the 6th or 7th of September.  That is not long from now.

Not much time left.

I left my car at her place and we drove up the backroads.   This time I took my fold up wagon, to make it easier to take things down the trail to the lake from the road.

It was sooo beautiful and peaceful there.










I went paddling around, along the north shore, to the west, to the boat ramp that side.   Along the way, I saw a crude stick house with drift leaned TP shape around a tree.  Then I saw the toilet paper roll stuck in the side.  Yuck.  An outhouse.  That close to the water.  Except the water level will go way down fast in a couple weeks and that shithouse will be high and dry.

It is on a beach an extremely short walk from the actual outhouse at the boat launch parking lot.  Some people are too lazy to walk a couple hundred feet however, I realize.


Also, I saw the Foster Lake Nessi.  She's awesome and seemed almost sad.




When I got back to the beach where M was, she pointed out smoke to the west and a bit south of the end of the lake.   She wanted to call in the fire.  I looked for it on Watch Duty, but nothing.  About 15 or 20 minutes later it popped up on Watch Duty.  It was on Fern Ridge Road and there were level 3 evacuations out by this time.   It was quickly contained however. Our firefighters, structural and wildland, around here are excellent.


Hated to leave this evening, knowing summer is coming to an end.  A yellow jacket gifted me another sting on the back of my knee.  They are just as angry and embittered as we are that summer is almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Kittens Fixed and Life at the Lake

 I had four boy kittens in my bathroom last night.  They were adorable, here for just the night.  This morning I took them over to the clini...