Sunday, October 29, 2023

Round Up Success

 The cat round up today went well.

By noon, I picked up four cats in Sweet Home, the last of the teens needing done there.  This makes 20 fixed at this colony, with more to go.   Since I'd given them five spots, I was now one short.

However, the Aumsville woman had two outside cats--a mother and her teen daughter.  So both of them get to go be fixed instead of just the mom.

The last four were delivered here.  There are two gorgeous Siamese who apparently were dumped at a county park but made their way to a rural barn, with kind owners, and it was a huge relief to the cats.   One refuses to leave the barn for any reason now.  These poor cats people dump like so much garbage when they're done with them.

Then there were two trapped up in Holly who came also.  They are not tame and were brought in a large carrier but the man carried it into my bathroom, plus brought in their two traps, and I pulled them out with a towel over them one by one and got them in seperate traps for their trip tomorrow to the clinic.

The clinic won't be happy with me probably for bringing so many big huge traps, but my small ones are almost all out on loan.   I had to be creative and for these ten spots, hand them off to people who had their own traps, so I could pull it all off.  Hopefully my other small traps will be filled with cats by Tuesday evening because Wednesday I head to the FCCO with cats from two caregivers.

Well, here they are, the ten cats who will be fixed tomorrow.

First the Aumsville mother/daughter:

Tigress on the left, her mom, Orange Cream, on the right

And the two Siamese dumped outside Albany:

Fluffy

Toby

And now for the two boys from Holley:

Jerry from Holley

Tom, from Holley

And lastly the four from Sweet Home:

Chilly from Sweet Home

Frosty from Sweet Home

Winter from Sweet Home

Twilight from Sweet Home

Well, that's it for today. Tomorrow I take them up to the clinic.  I only have to overnight six of them, thank goodness, after surgery.


9 comments:

  1. Wonderful news. And more cats lives changed for the better. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody caught their own cats for this roundup. In fact two of the parties had their own traps, which is why I had so many big traps to take up. I did choose those caretakers because they had their own traps, since most of mine are currently loaned out.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your trip tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I just wish everyone was kind to animals. :( Be well, my dear, and travel safe with your charges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a terrible problem with people dumping cats around here.

      Delete
  4. It's nice you didn't have to trap them all yourself. Still a lot to wrangle, but at least you had some help. I can't understand how people can dump their cats. Do they not care for them at all? Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of extra cats to wrangle, lots of work, laundry, cleaning, cat food. But hey, I signed on for this.

      Delete
  5. That's quite a few done in one hit, with more to come.

    ReplyDelete

15 Cats

 I'm taking 15 cats up to be fixed at the FCCO in the morning. 9 are from the 12th street Lebanon colony while the other six are from th...