Monday, October 30, 2023

Morning Halloween and Fog

 It was a frosty morning here in the mid valley of Oregon.

By Wednesday night, more pouring rain is forecast, so despite the morning freeze outs, the sunny days that follow, even though cold, are welcome.

I tried to get some photos of the frost and fog, on the way home, and finally I wasn't being tailgated and was able to stop now and then to get some photos.  I have to rig my phone holder again so I can use it as a dash cam better.   It's a flexible holder I hook over the mirror or over the passenger seat.   Pretty darn adaptible but I'd like to get one that swivels easier.  Or make one.

I unloaded the cats at the clinic, with the help of a woman I didn't know named Lisa, who said she was friends with two people I do know.  It was so nice to have the help.  I apologized to clinic staff profusely for all the big traps.  I hate the big traps.  They're awkward to carry and they don't have backdoors, to make paper changing easy.  It was what it was and ten more cats will be fixed.

On the way home I stopped at my favorite coffee stand in Jefferson.  Its the only time I get coffee at a stand, when I go to the clinic and come back the backroads.  It's like a reward, for the work, and I look forward to it immensely.  I had ten punches on their card so today it was free.  The lady who runs it has a neighbor I know who just got her nonprofit status.











I have only a few Halloween photos.  The first two I took a week or more ago in the trailer park when I was taking some food to a friend.



People go all out here for decor on Halloweeen.  My neighbors have some very pleasant non scary fall type Halloween decorations.  I really like what they have up but I have no photos.

Here's the house that really does it up.  I will get back there tonight to get better photos.  At night, their lighting really adds to the effect.








12 comments:

  1. Love the foggy photos. And that you have a reward to look forward to after all your hard work.
    Those Halloween photos are quite something. A LOT of effort goes into them. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of effort and expense I'd say

      Delete
  2. Wow! That house really does go all out! Do they decorate a lot for Christmas or this their one big holiday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't recall what they had up for Christmas. My guess is they'll do it up all right.

      Delete
  3. That's some impressive-looking fog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It slithered quietly here and there on little fog feet until the sun came out and said "be gone with you".

      Delete
  4. The shape of the barn seems unusual.
    The fog is just lying there. It must be very still.
    A lot of effort seems to go into the Halloween displays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably the loft for hay storage on the left side, with maybe some stalls on the right lower side. The appearance of it being lower on the left edge is just photo angle and brush. I think. You never know. A lot of these barns around here are very very old. There was no wind at all, not a breath and the sun was about to pop out and vanquish the fog. Yeah, those folks must really love Halloween to put that much effort and money into it. I haven't spent a penny on Halloween. I hope to score some candy somewhere.

      Delete
  5. (Let's see if it'll let me post this time. I tried earlier today, but I kept getting error messages.) Great photos of your trip. It's nice to have a place that you can stop when you get out that way. I hoep you enjoyed your free coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed my free coffee very much but it gave me the jitters, had quite a lot of caffeine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! I can't pick a favorite but the moon above that creepy yard is perfect. I'm glad you got a small reward for all your tremendous efforts. :) Hugs, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look like rain is coming for us on the first.
    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete

15 Cats

 I'm taking 15 cats up to be fixed at the FCCO in the morning. 9 are from the 12th street Lebanon colony while the other six are from th...