Saturday, September 12, 2026

Rain Comes

 It's very wet here this evening.   More rain. 

 I think its just supposed to rain today and tomorrow.  I think people have mostly given up that summer is over early.  I haven't.  I'm the eternal in denial optimist.  

So today with the shift in weather I felt lazy, like lounging in my pj's half the day, which I accomplished thank you very much.

Finally I got dressed and finished mostly cleaning the traps from last week.

The kitten who is in my bathroom from the colony, as yet unnamed, is a fun and loving little guy.   Oh my.


I couldn't take him back to the colony, him being so tame, and the cats caretaker said ok, find him somewhere. She's near 80 and does so much work, like she takes care of two grown men, babysits grandkids, does cooking for a homeless dinner in the park once a week, the list is long.   I'm trying to find him somewhere.  In fact tomorrow a friends step son is coming to possibly take him home.  I hope so.  Little guy is so fun and so loving.

It's pouring here.   I drove over to Lebanon with my windshield wipers popping on the windshield.  The rubber had seperated and was about to go flying.  So I did a stop in at O Reilly's and got two new ones and they even installed them for me, which was very nice.

I went to a supporters house and picked up cans she had for me to turn in for Happy Cat Club.  Happened she had a friend there I know, and happened she had just made a pot of soup and biscuits and asked me to join them for dinner.  That was enjoyable, something unexpecteed that made me happy.

My friend who is coming tomorrow with her step son to see the kitten and maybe take him home is bringing apples and pears from her trees.   I can't wait.  I really love pears.   And I want to dry some apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.  

She is bringing cherry tomatoes too, from their garden, and I also mostly dry those, until crunchy edges, but chewy inside, flavored variously.  They're like candy afterwards, although the seasonings I use are savory.  They're just so good that way.

The rain brings the cat yard cats inside and there is jostling for favorite perches and sleep spots.   

Turn the sound off on this video of Gigi getting petted on my lap.  I'd just turned on the TV after doing the antenna channel refresh, since the weather has changed, and the first channel popping on after the scan for antenna channels, came on loud.


The birds seem unbothered by the rain.  Hummingbirds, mourning doves, sparrows, chicadees, finches, lots of different birds are coming by and the brilliant purple flowers of the Butterfly Bush seem so vibrant in the rain.

You can turn the sound on for this video.  I added a track.


I ordered a door lock, window control master switch for the cat carrier car off amazon.  It's a crap shoot whether my windows will go back up if I have one or two down, or which door might lock or unlock with the buttons.  Time to fix all that.   I fiddled with the old switch after removing it from the driver door but the main button for the windows is broken, plastic pieces missing.   For one thing.  I propped it back together and reinstalled it, until the new switch gets here.  I had to take it off to make sure the pin number matched the part online.   14 pins or 18.  Mine is 14 like the one being sold so it should work.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rain Comes

 It's very wet here this evening.   More rain.   I think its just supposed to rain today and tomorrow.  I think people have mostly given...