Sunday, May 29, 2022

Strange Days

 I still have no working dryer.  I tried to glue a bolt into the hole left when the plastic piece with a metal rod down the middle that allows me to turn the timer broke off.   The glue did not hold enough to then turn the bolt with pliers.  I don't think that glue was made to glue metal to plastic.

I did finally do a load of wash night before last and hung it all over the house, since I'd inadvertantly washed both pair of older jeans I wear routinely.  Nothing has come close to drying though.

It's kind of a big mess.  Laundrymats charge a riduculously large amount of $ for a ridiculously small amount of time in a dryer.

I also glued my lightweight dolly back together.  I use it to bring cat litter bags inside and for a host of other tasks.  Its so handy.  It broke a couple years ago.  I glued it together then and its held two years.  But it broke again.  



I haven't tried it yet.  The glue has to set 24 hours.  I reinforced it this time with a couple metal bars figuring I had nothing to lose.

I may get a different glue to try fixing the dryer timer.  Or wander the home improvement store aisles looking for inspiration on something I could effectively glue or jam down into that hole. To have a better chance with the glue, I hope to find something hard plastic instead of metal. I've been going through my drawers in search of something that might make the grade and is the right size or could be whittled down to the right size.

It was very windy and rainy yesterday.  Seemed like winter.  Snow advisory in the mountains too.   I don't know how much more snow fell.   

The latest mass shooting, although there have already been others since the little kids were slaughtered in Texas, really affected me.  Its so tragic and senseless.   Nobody needs an assault rifle.  Its astounding to me a young man could just buy two military guns one day and then go kill all those kids with them the next.  All the politicians excuses matter little.  

No, you can't screen to figure out who the next person will be to grab his assault rifle and go massacre people.  What's wrong in America that people want to save fetuses but don't seem to give a crap about the already born?   What's wrong in America that so many people are killing other people?  

Anyway, I don't have any answers.   Politicians like to blame mental illness.  Most of these monsters are not mentally ill and have no history of it.  They seem to be angry hateful video game playing loners who look for a cause for their own failures so they can turn their hate on someone or something to justify annihilation. It was the same sort of folk middle eastern muslim fanatics looked to recruit or to turn into suicide bombers. Kill these folks or those folks in the name of religion, is how they spun it and the angry bored young man could suddenly turn his hate into righteous slaughter of infidels!

  I picture the loner crouched over a keyboard in a poorly lit basement typing discontent and hate into the deep dark dungeons of the cesspool fanatic conspiracy chatrooms.    

Well anyhow.  No answers here.  

Your mind becomes what you feed it.  

Feed it light and humor, if you can.  Flowers and kittens and funny movies.

Slinko is doing great.





Happy Sunday!


 





8 comments:

  1. Yes, I had a very hard time this week with the news. I don't like hearing about other people's suffering, and this was on overdrive. Maybe this time the anger will get us somewhere? (Yeah, I know, not likely.)

    Sorry about your dryer. It sucks when you can't get something fixed. Hopefully you'll get the part you need sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm with you there, on not wanting to hear the graphic details of other folks' suffering when I can nothing about it. Its senseless to overexpose oneself to that. I got some different glue and tried to glue something else in there, but I can't try it til morning because the glue has to set 24 hours. I have my doubts

      Delete
  2. I do hope you find a way to repair that dryer.
    I can very rarely watch the news now. More than once and I spiral into despair.
    Focussing on the good and/or the beautiful helps. And I am very, very happy that Slinko has been helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got some different glue and tried again but I won't know if it will hold the lever I put in there til the glue sets (24 hours). It's best to leave the news behind, I've found, for my own peace of mind. Slinko seems so much better already.

      Delete
  3. Glad Slinko is better !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! He's back to eating dry food like a champ. He really likes it better than wet.

      Delete
  4. I also hope the dryer issue is quickly resolve. I don't get the gun thing. It just plain wrong.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping too. Yeah I don't get the addiction to guns going on in this country either.

      Delete

Sun Coming

 Sun is supposed to come to us finally here in Oregon.   It's been pouring last few days, today included. At first, the weather stations...