Friday, May 27, 2022

No Dryer

 The dryer part now won't be here, I'm told by the store, til middle of next week.  Maybe.

I'm pretty much done with any hope it will ever come.

It is depressing.  I had to quit doing laundry since it doesn't work to hang things up to dry.  They don't dry.   It's not easy to quit doing laundry with so many cats and cat bedding needs washed routinely. 

I will spend the weekend trying to repair the  old part. Its supposed to pour rain anyhow.  I have to figure out how to glue together a very small broken hard plastic piece well enough so that it can withstand twisting torque.

Today, I'll just think on it, try to think of various ideas.

I took the bird lady to a couple cemeteries this morning so she could put flowers on relatives graves.   She has lots of relatives buried around the valley area and north.   I thought of my own family and have no idea if any of them are buried or were just cremated and strewn or what.   Our family/extended family is not a family that cares that much about one another, to even know where someone is buried or if they were.   Let alone put flowers on gravesites if there are any.

I don't figure its of much importance to have a coffin and fancy gravestone alongside other family after I die, since I don't have family, for one thing and the other thing is how much that shit costs.  LOTS!  I'll be cremated and scattered, if not just general cremation cause I have no idea who would even scatter my ashes somewhere.  It doesn't bother me to know that.

She seems to be walking better now.  She had borrowed a friends walker that has big wheels and its so much better than that one she has to pick up each step. With her friends' walker she could go all over, even on grass.   It also has a seat, if she wanted to stop and sit, a cup holder, and under the seat, some storage.  Pretty nice!

Slinko is doing great after surgery and already dry food, even though he could eat the wet food I have out too for him.  He has always liked dry better.   I'm very happy he is on the road to recovery.

Well, I got myself into the dryer bind by ordering from a local store, paying for it in advance, instead of just getting one two day delivered from Amazon or Ebay.   I'd just cancel and order somewhere else if it weren't now a holiday weekend and I already paid for the part and I can't afford to pay for a second part.  They're super expensive.  I'll have to wait it out, but if its not here by Tuesday I've decided to go to the store and request a refund, then order it from somewhere else because if its not here by Tuesday I seriously doubt its ever coming.  That's life.





9 comments:

  1. So happy that Slinko is doing well. I'm guessing he mostly swallow's his kibble whole because that was cats kind of do anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you can't hire someone to try and fix the dryer. Hopefully the part comes sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'd need the same part I ordered and then you add labor costs to just snap it into place, which is all needs done, once I get the part. No credible repair person would try to glue that broken plastic piece back together, because it won't hold for long.

      Delete
  3. Sigh on the dryer part.
    I am thrilled that Slinko is doing better.
    When I die I hope to feed a tree. No coffin, no memorial stone. Some places here are moving to eco-funerals and I really, really hope my city joins them. Quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about being allowed to be buried by a tree. That would be a useful way for a body to be buried. I cringe to think people get pumped full of chemicals, dolled up with chemicals then buried that way, as far from back to the earth as one could get, and adding all that ick to the process.

      Delete
  4. If anyone can figure out how to fix the part it would be you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sweet. My first fix attempt failed. I drove a threaded bolt into the plastic part that broke off, that's part of the timer, with lock tight glue on it. The head of the bolt was small enough to fit out the opening, to where the knob should attach. However, the glue didn't hold the bolt to the plastic and the bolt would turn but not the plastic piece, darn it.

      Delete
  5. The living has hard enough time. I never seen purpose of big fancy burial. One time I thought of being cremated. But now I'm think is just being composted. Sorry about dryer. Part and everything is so expensive. Plus laundromats is pricey these days.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...