Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Just Wrong---Too Hot to Handle!

 


The heat predicted this weekend is unbelievable.  

Some forecasts say it will be 108 degrees here where I live on Sunday.  WHAT?   

They all vary by a few degrees.  Suffice it to say it will be unfricking believably hot for a few days.  Then comes the cool down, where it will be in the low 90's, upper 80's.  Some cool down.

This is to say the least, NOT NORMAL.  Not for this area and certainly not for June.

There will be idiots buying fireworks too, for the fourth and setting them off.  Nobody with a working brain would buy or set off even legal fireworks with the heat and dry we've been having, let alone illegal ones.   There are no shortage of idiots however....

NO!

Say it isn't so!   


11 comments:

  1. Bleah. I do hope that the forecasts are wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually we can count on them being wrong. I'm still hoping for mid 80's for the weekend.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous5:24 AM

    Not very long ago you were complaining about the cold and wet. Be careful what you wish for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Andrew, you're not supposed to remember that. I wished for heat do you think I have that great of power, to bring it on? Oh my gosh, I'd love that, if I do. Maybe I got three wishes and didn't know and frittered them away foolishly on weather wishes.

      Delete
    2. I wish you all the best. But this made me chuckle.

      Delete
  3. I hope you have AC. It sounds like it will be a few days of reading by a fan while drinking iced tea. 108!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much. Yes, this place has AC!!! I am lucky.

      Delete
  4. That's TOO hot! Do most people in your area have air conditioning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say probably many homes have heat pumps and hence AC but most apartments and rentals do not and do not allow window units put in by tenants. So maybe half and half.

      Delete
  5. Look like the entire Northwest is heating up. I'm thankfull the airport has air condition.
    Hopefully the climate deniers wakes up.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might be a little too late on the climate. I think we're past that tipping point.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...