Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Ashes to Ashes

 I got Brambles Ashes back yesterday.  Heartland now has a cremation service.

My sweet little guy from such a horrid place.

Now his remains reside in a beautiful little metal tin.

They won't be there long.  


I need to free even his remains.  I still have Miss Daisy's ashes and those of Jade and Calamity.

Mops, who died this year, and Raindrop, were buried by a friend, in her hazelnut orchard.

Cougie who also died this year, along with Stiletto, were mass cremated.

It doesn't feel right to keep ashes in a box or tin.  I know its just the remnants of their physical remains.  But it just feels selfish to do that, like clinging to an object, and being unfair by weighing down and confining a beautiful memory that should be freed.  

Miss Daisy's particles need shared with the world, I feel.  Like her fun loving ever optimistic spirit will somehow better the world, if they become part of it again.  I want to get a necklace to wear some of her ashes next to me though.  I loved her so much.

Jade and Calamity were best friends.  I will mix their ashes before spreading them.  Calamity was so socially shy with the other cats and when Jade accepted her as a best friend, she was in bliss over it.

I've lost so many over the years.  Little Chessie, who'd been left behind and lived under an apartment complex and was shot at by a creep with a crossbow, before I just went and got her and kept her here.   Bonita, from that complex off Hill street, cared for by a family who never fixed them.  They multiplied and when they moved, they left them all.  She likely had cancer when I took her in and lived only a couple of years here, but seemed to love her safety and the companionship of other cats and adequate food and water.  Her ears were full of polyps that turned out to be cancerous.   

Electra and Hopi and Oci are buried in the backyard.   So were Gretal and Poppy and Dex, but I dug them up after a year.  They gave up their nutrients to the ground.  I disposed of the bones left.   I know I'll soon have a lot more tins of ashes.  My cats are all so old.  Who will be next to leave?  My guess is usually wrong.  But Buffy, Shady, Comet, Soloman and Panda are all on that narrow edge.

So long dear Brambles, my kitten loving sweetie.

He came from this situation.....he outlived even his original caregiver.  




6 comments:

  1. Our much loved cats are buried in the back yard, in a corner of it that they all loved. I don't think it will be too long before Jazz joins them (though he is quite capable of surprising me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Jazz. Will you get another? I hope so.

      Delete
  2. I think all ashes need to be return to and be part of earth cycle.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m taking Alex’s ashes with me when I’m buried. I hope he dies first...?
    He was so devoted to me in the worst times in my life, when I couldn’t get out of bed it was constant head bonks to “revive” me. He’s an off label therapy cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have gone bonkers without my cats. They are so happy to see me and don't judge me at all. Off label therapy cat, love that phrase!!!

      Delete

The Park

 I went to the park yesterday with my friend.  I was aching for human contact.  She goes every day and so I left my car at her place and rod...