Thursday, June 24, 2021

Difficult to Believe, the Heat

 The forecasts for Sunday's high have been upgraded to 111 to 115.

It's just very hard to believe it could be true, that we, here in Oregon, could get that hot.

In the history of Oregon we have never experienced such heat.  It was a mild 90 degrees today and is already down to 84.  Nonetheless, I slept much of the afternoon.  The AC part of the heat pump freezes me out.  If its on, its freezing in here, regardless of the temp set at the thermostat.  The old unit never did that, but his one isn't so nice in the summer.   So I'd turned it off around noon. 

I woke up three hours after falling asleep on my couch, groggy and hot.  It was by then nearly 90 inside the place.   I guess heat can make me sleepy.

I've been trying to find help for the Lebanon mom cat and kittens, behind a gas station.  Mom is tame and in heat again.   There is nowhere to get cats fixed currently unless its in Portland and I can't go there again, the days are so hard on me, to spend up there, waiting on the cats, then the congestion driving home.  

Oregon animals are suffering severely the lack of affordable spay neuter options.

And we're all about to suffer this extreme heat wave.  I still hope they're wrong somehow about the weekend.  Tomorrow's forecast, afterall, was once 100 degrees and now is downgraded to about 94 degrees.  Saturday its supposed to be about 104 or 105, which seems mild when you think of what they're saying about Sunday's heat.  Next week the weather is forecast to remain in the low 90's.


5 comments:

  1. I really, really hope the forecast is wrong. For you, and for the birds and animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This isn't something normal for Oregon, not the extreme heat, nor the extended above 90 heat all next week and all prior to the 4th of July. It used to be a big joke that it would rain in Oregon til the 5th of July. It makes me uneasy, that climate change is accelerating to such a level we're beyond the tip point. It also makes me uneasy about the threat of fire. People aren't smart enough to not light fireworks, but I hope I'm wrong.

      Delete
  2. Those temperatures belong in a desert, not in your area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe so also! To whom do I complain? It was only mid 90's yesterday and felt very hot to me. Today its supposed to be at least ten degrees hotter than yesterday and tomorrow, add on more degrees.

      Delete

Green Peter Drawdown Film

  A film made about the Green Peter reservoir drawdown.