Saturday, June 26, 2021

103 Still Climbing

 Took awhile today to get above 100, but now it is 103 and temp is still climbing.  It may not cool to below 90 until after 10:00 p.m.

This morning I went early to the gas station in Lebanon and was able to trap two of the four cats there.  Two of the kittens, both boys.  The Keizer woman who had agreed to foster them met me about 8:00 a.m. there.  By this time the temperature was in the mid 80's.  The mom, who is tame, and 3rd kitten, were already laid out in the bushes and not interested.  Didn't help there was tons of food out when I arrived.  

But at least I got two of them.  I slept on and off the rest of the day.  It's too hot to be outside.  I am debating going back up there tonight, after the temp drops below 90 if it ever does, to try for the last two.

Tomorrow the temps are supposed to be much higher.  Already there are some power outages, but to the north of here.  Thankfully not in the mid valley.  Strange, but the heat already seems normal and I am acclimating.



6 comments:

  1. That sort of heat does for me.
    I am glad that you could get two of the kittens. Good luck - and stay as cool as you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I caught the third tonight. Went over about 10 p.m., but mom ambled off and didn't return. So still will have to get mom somehow.

      Delete
  2. I lived along the Gulf Coast for several years where there were very long summers of high heat and humidity. I think what makes it the worst is when it doesn't cool off much at night. Heat like this is not fun and I hope you have relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may get below 90 in a couple weeks, the weather people said. Not normal here but at least it is dry heat, for the most part. Some areas are getting humidity with it. I don't want to burn my skin off so I'm staying inside during the day til its under 100.

      Delete
  3. Omg stay hydrated!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to do that. Have zero interest in food in the heat. Maybe I'll lose weight!

      Delete

End of Warmth

 We had some nice days.   But the heat is gone. We'll be in the 60's again for awhile, with perhaps some drizzle. I love the heat.  ...