Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Toasted

I woke up after 9:00 a.m.!

But I didn't really over sleep since I got to bed after midnight.

I was trying to catch the rest of the porch cats, up in Sweet Home, across from the Ridgeway colony.

I'd dropped off seven cats at the clinic in the morning to be fixed.

Only Bug was from the deceased man's house.  Neighbors up the hill had come down and picked him up from the deceased man's son.  He was going to be fixed and go to some folks who lost their cat in a house fire, but they fell in love with him so he went back to them last night.

Bug from Ridgeway.  Already has new people after his guy died.
I picked up six of the cats needing fixed from one Albany place and was able to return them to be recuperated at their  place instead of here.

Bubbles, a boy

Fluffys a girl

Midnight, a girl too

Milk, a boy

Teacup, a boy

Yuki, a girl
They have another needing done, but at least got in six.

After I left them at the clinic, I drove back to Sweet Home, to try for the porch cats, but the owners came shortly, and were going to tear out a lot of junk left behind, had a dumpster coming, said they would check the traps and call if a cat got in one.  I went up to Helen's for lunch and it was so delicious!

I love the snap peas in the salad.

Then on home I went, got in a short nap, washed my car and went to pick up the seven cats.

After taking six of them home, cleaning some here, back up I went.  There were two more cats to catch at that place.  A little orange and white, and a dark gray tux.

But in the meantime, with Helen from up the hill checking traps, we caught two others from across the road.   I caught the little young buff and white finally, then held out for the gray tux but never caught him, catchiing more from across the road.

I had to come home and sleep so I got home near midnight and was almost 1:00 before I got the cleaning done and went to bed.

So I didn't over sleep just got my share and now finally I'm getting on with the day!  Still groggy and feeling like burned toast looks.  I have to get my sleep or nothing works out for me.

Tomorrow will be a big day.  The three I have caught from the dead man's porch, will go to be fixed at the FCCO in Portland.  I will travel on from there to take the five Cascadians to their new home.  I am so excited for them and the place they are going looks terrific for cats!

Well all that said, that I got enough sleep, after doing a bunch of cleaning, I am going back to bed.  I'm not caught up and tired out and I have to be awake and rested tomorrow.  I wanted to mow my front lawn at least.  Mine is the only one not mowed this week, on my entire block, which embarrasses me.  It will start raining again soon too.  But too dog dead worn out.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your busy day.
    Love that Bug has been adopted so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I guess he endeared himself fast.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1:53 PM

    It is quite true that you can achieve a lot more if you get proper sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need my sleep, too. Always have. I was surprised about your lawn needing to be mowed. I think of your area getting cold enough to slow down grass in the winter. Do you ever get a break from mowing grass?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is earliest I've ever mowed the lawn. Usually not til April do I need to mow. Weather isn't average anymore though. Darn it.

      Delete

Green Peter Drawdown Video

  A video made about the Green Peter reservoir drawdown.  Will it help at all?   I don't know.