Monday, February 10, 2020

Insanity on Ridgeway

I didn't get the cats fixed who lived on the porch across from the Ridgeway colony.

Before the guy died, that is.

Karen, when she was down, to help with the colony, when we caught the first 13 there, the guy was fine.  We met him in the dark when his little dog ran across the road to come up the steep driveway.  The Ridgeway people's little dog isn't fixed.  Like the cats weren't fixed.  The little dog across the road, a boy, wasn't fixed either, of course, like his cats.

He did want to get those cats fixed.  They were born under the house he said, to a stray mom (probably from across the street).  When I went there with an extra spay neuter spot end of January he didn't answer the door.  He answered his phone however and said he was just out of the hospital with pneumonia.

Now he's dead.   I thought he owned that property, largely because the people across the street said he did, and was trying to sell it.

Helen from farther up Ridgeway went down, at my request, since the people across the street wouldn't, to try to get the son's permission to trap the cats, now that he was dead.  Allegedly the son was up from San Diego.  She picked up the tame cat while there. Bug,  a nice friendly boy.  Not fixed of course, because its Sweet Home.  Her daughter fell in love with Bug immediately so they're keeping him.

Yesterday I went to start trapping those poor cats.  Only I find one in an uncovered live trap, been there awhile too.  The people across the street claim ignorance on who might be trapping, as always.   Helen, from up the hill, calls the realtor to see if she knows who set that trap.   Meanwhile I transfer the cat to one of my own traps.  And catch a second cat.  And a chicken.  We don't know who owns the chickens.

Suddenly the people across the street recall that a pickup was there earlier in the day.

I leave with the two cats and Helen stays for awhile to watch the other two traps, one of whom catches the people's cat from across the street.  We've gotten 17 cats fixed across the street now, but do you think they'll let us fix their tame male?  Hell no.  She also proclaimed her desire to breed that little dog of the deceased man with her unfixed little dog.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE.
Both two caught are gray and white

Helen calls me.  The property owners have arrived.  The real property owners.  The deceased man didn't own that property.  About the minute he died, the owners told her, some friend of his moved in.  They found him watching TV in the house.   He claimed the dead man said he could live there after he died.  They kicked him out.

Last night, they said, someone broke into the shed and stole stuff.   Anyhow, the owners gave permission to trap and yes it had been they who set that trap.  They know KATA people but KATA is not going ot help with the cats.

I hope to place the Cascadians Wednesday out west of Portland.  It's a really nice place with a great set up for cats.   I hope that works out.  I have another home for two or three just ouside town here, so I hope to send at least three of these Ridgeway kitties there.  I'm hoping anyhow.  It's been nuts dealing  with Ridgeway.  I want it over and done with.

3 comments:

  1. When you say you trap cats to be fixed, I don't think that many people understand that the trapping is the easy part of your job. It's the humans that the cats live among that make everything so crazy and difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a circus. Yikes. This is why I would never want to handle rental property. We once accompanied friends delivering an eviction notice on behalf of the gal's parents. The weirdest part is that we were visiting them while on vacation. What a strange way to entertain out-of-towners. Heh...

    On a serious note, it's scary how tenuous life can be. Be well, my dear. ~hugs~ And thanks again for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh.
    Not surprised you want it over and done with. And I hope you get your wish. Soon.

    ReplyDelete

End of Warmth

 We had some nice days.   But the heat is gone. We'll be in the 60's again for awhile, with perhaps some drizzle. I love the heat.  ...