Tuesday, November 26, 2019

The Round Up for Yesterday

I scored some spay neuter reservations Monday at Heartland.

At Heartland, the cats fixed don't have to necessarily get right ear tips, so I try to get the tame cats on my list in when I get these appointments with owners who don't want ear tips but otherwise would not fix their cats for one reason or another, the most common reason being the money involved.

I took NoToes from the Egg Place colony, the little escape artist female, to be fixed.  That was a no brainer.

NoToes is not a happy girl and I will be very happy to return her today.
The woman where I caught the three teens who had giardia, behind her place, actually at the request of her landlord, had called again about getting two teen girls she had inside her place fixed.  Well in the end, the two spaces I had for her in the round up went to her ex daughter in law, since she had an adult girl and boy who were getting interested in each other.  I apologize over the poor quality of these photos.  My phone has really been a mess lately, literally, stuff smeared on lens.

Cooper, an Albany boy, was fixed yesterday.

Abigail, Cooper's best friend, was also fixed.
Little Boomer was fixed too.  He was one of two kittens I trapped when fixing 7 other adults on a Sweet Home street a few colonies back.  The girl kitten went to a Portland rescue and Boomer went to a friend who kept him.

He is darling!
A female cat connected to the big Lebanon colony I trapped a couple months ago (she was born there and is now with a relative) was fixed yesterday also.  Marshall is quite gorgeous, but the photo is terrible.


The other three fixed came from Brownsville, a lady helping out by trying to get neighborhood strays fixed before she lets them back out.  They'd held the mom and two of her kittens for some time but had been unable to find affordable spay neuter for three more.   When she called I quickly moved her cats to top of list since she is helping out stray cats and her three were done. Again I apologize for bad photos.

Bella, adult female Siamese mix


Smoke, a little Snowshoe mix teen
Dizzy, an orange tabby teen
They even paid for the three, which is not something I'm used to happening.  Heartland feral fixes cost $40 and include vaccines, flea treatment and worming.  It's a great deal!

On the docket today, catching anyone left unfixed at the Egg Place.  Will not be easy since even though I left the drop trap out there for them to feed under they have not fed under it.

6 comments:

  1. Well done you. As always.
    And sigh at the people who make a hard job harder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EC and people can make it harder, but in a way, its one of the job's challenges. When I get it done anyhow, makes me happy.

      Delete
  2. You have helped so many cats today begin a better life. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Dizzy looks just like Chu

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...