Sunday, October 13, 2019

Charlie and Kate

Kate came Friday, down from northern Washington state.  First by train, then from Portland by bus.  The bus part of her trip from Portland took a long time.  Congestion is a big problem in trying to move around our state.  There are too many people.

I picked her up.  She came in a couple hours after her scheduled arrival, due to the jammed up roads.  We tried to eat some soup at Panera, but they are very very disorganized and finally after waiting awhile, Kate went and asked, and was told it would be at least 30 minutes to get a cup of soup.

So she got her money back and we left.

She came and met Charlie who took to her immediately and then I took her to her motel.

Yesterday we went shopping for a carrier that would be the size allowed by the train, for Charlie, dorked around looking at other things, got sandwiches at the Grocery Depot, then went to the park for a picnic.  It wasn't sunny but wasn't raining yet either.  The air was filled with smoke near Lebanon.  I guess it was likely from burn piles and wood stoves but I don't know because the air was thick in it, so maybe the wind brought smoke from CA forest fires up.

After the picnic, we stopped by the Lebanon colony, by the tracks.  I took two calicoes from there to be fixed last week.  Since I'll be driving Kate to the train station up north today and don't know how bad traffic will be, I wanted to get the cats for Monday on Saturday.   I picked up four tame teens, three of them boys, and put them in traps.  And then trapped one of several large males. 

The other two cats going to be fixed Monday will be Cookie and Blondie, from Hill street.  Then, with Charlie gone from the bathroom, they will move in there and I'll see if I can get them tame enough to get a chance at real homes.

At least they will finally be fixed.

There are these three tame kittens at the LEbanon colony I hope to take out and find a rescue or shelter to take.  Otherwise she gives them to other people, people who likely will not ever get them fixed and then there will be problems where they go. 



Yes, they need meds bad, and worming.

Kate loved Charlie instantly and the feeling was mutual.  He sat for an hour or two last night on her lap extremely content!



3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that she and Charlie bonded.
    Good luck with the Lebanon cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:38 PM

    A nice connection has been made. I hope the journey home wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful bond! It makes me happy. Now I hope those suffering little sweeties get well under your tender care. Best wishes, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

The Park

 I went to the park yesterday with my friend.  I was aching for human contact.  She goes every day and so I left my car at her place and rod...