Monday, August 31, 2026

Lake before Rain



 The temp is going to drop ten degrees tomorrow and then it rains.  It's supposed to rain six of the next 9 days.  Great.  60's.  Great.

I took the five cats in my bathroom up to the clinic this morning.  I came home, saw the tree man, who gave a great estimate and I shook his hand and he's coming tomorrow.  Neighbor offered to pay it all, can you believe that?  

She's nice.

Anyhow, I thought then, "this may be my last chance.".   I still don't have a pump that will work to pump up the blow up.  So I threw the hardshell kayak into the back of the car and took off for the lake.

I had a great time.  It was like super perfect there.  I swam for awhile.  It was fabulous!

When I realized it was getting late, and knew I had to be at my place when my friend who picked up the cats, brought three of the five cats to my place, I scrambled into action.  I'd been lazing around on the kayak, swimming. That's when I had to kick it into gear and paddle fast as I could from the northeast on the lake, across it and to the boat ramp.  I will be sore tomorrow.  Serves me right for having too much fun and forgetting the time.

At the boat ramp, I saw a cat friend and her family launching their motor boat.  If I'd had more time, they would have given me a ride on a floatie behind their boat. Shoot.  Next time.





I got back and here came my friend with the cats.  She'd returned the middle of nowhere kitten on the way home.

Fisher--the last kitten needing fixed from there.  Last cat actually too.  All fixed.

My friend volunteered to pick the cats up because she'd caught one of the cats involved up in Sweet Home.  Thomas appeared to have an eartip already and I just about had told her he was already fixed, take him home, when she brought him last night.  But instead I took him into my bathroom and pulled him out of the trap and felt him up.  Sure enough--he had balls.  So off he went to the clinic this morning with the others.  At the clinic, they decided to check out themselves since that left ear sure looks tipped.   They came out grinning.  Sure enough, Thomas still had balls but Thomas doesn't have balls anymore.   (sad face)

Then there were the three boys from the Albany couple--Dexter, Frown and OJ.  I posted photos of Dexter and Frown already.  Here is OJ.


So that was my day.   I'm trying not to waste a day of whats left of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lake before Rain

 The temp is going to drop ten degrees tomorrow and then it rains.  It's supposed to rain six of the next 9 days.  Great.  60's.  Gr...