Saturday, April 06, 2019

Rain, Car Troubles

What a non creative title for a boring post. 

The car problems continue.  Intermittent hesitation i.e. misfire (most likely).  Happens about ten minutes into driving, then for a few more miles when I think the car won't make it further, then suddenly it seems much better.  But it does this every time out now.  It's off to a mechanic on Wednesday.  Will hope it is not something terrible.

I ignored its bucking and sputtering today and went to pick up a trap, then to the park.  There, when walking, in pouring rain, the only way to walk here for at least the next week, I found this hole in the middle of the park road asphalt.  It's about three inches in diameter, and beneath the one inch edge of the hole,  is a large hollow area.  Yikes.

I couldn't see how extensive the hole beneath the hole is, like a small cave almost, and will soon collapse under the weight of some vehicle and may break someone's axle.  Like the decent citizen I sometimes am, I sent a photo and description of the hole to the parks department.

Yup, that's a  cigarette butt down in there.
The river is high from all the rain, which doesn't mean the river is really high, it only means they're letting lots of water out of the dam a few miles up river.

I went down Red Bridge and there were the eagles mingled in with a herd of sheep.  Almost 20 more were perched in trees behind a solitary house.

I once trapped cats to be fixed at that house.

Uber Sheep! Ha!  Get it?

Face Off
The sheep was very upset with the eagles, who were eating something, two young ones and the adult.  A lamb maybe.  I don't know.

I have barely taken the car out of the driveway in the last six days since the problems with it began.   So I have been isolated and bored, but, on the other hand, have caught up on a lot of projects I otherwise would have put off even further down the road of life.

5 comments:

  1. Fingers and toes crossed the car woes are easily (and cheaply) fixed.
    The eagles would be amazing to see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:18 PM

    The car problem is starting to sound like a fairly simple electrical issue. I expect eagles do take new born lambs, especially from inexperienced mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your pictures with the eagle and the lamb, that was until I read Andrew's comment. Yikes!
    Good luck with the car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, same road today, hmmm, not sure two lambs are going to survive, and an eagle nearby.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...