Monday, April 08, 2019

Too Much Water

Oregon is flooding from this constant downpour.

Not too bad yet.   Cottage Grove has some mandatory evacuations and there are roads in my county closed due to high water.  The worst--the park closed yesterday and was evacuated.

The boys, whom I haven't seen since the heavy snow flattened the park's berry vines and many trees, now will face another challenge to survival, right at the time, if my darn car hadn't acted up, I was ready to get them out and place them elsewhere, with the help of Meow Village.

Will they still be alive, I wonder, once this has passed?  To move on, to somewhere much better?

At least I got out little Chipolte before the monsoon, that darling little torti, who couldn't tell you if she was wild or tame.   She behaved exactly as a once owned but now on her own little girl.

I saw her three times before I met her in person, racing through the fields in the darkness.  My trap found her.  I was surprised to see she is a torti.  I had thought the cat I'd seen was all black.

And the great end game for her, is that yesterday, two wonderful kind cat loving sisters, took her home with them.




Good luck my dear little shadow of the night.

3 comments:

  1. It must be so hard knowing specific cats that are out there waiting to be rescued. Hope you have some dry days soon and a reliable car to enjoy them in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a very dark torti. I do hope the boys are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:40 PM

    She is very alert and curious.

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...