Friday, October 05, 2018

Was In Love

I was in love for a day and a half.

I was again called by someone at the trailer park.  The same guy who had trapped four other tiny kittens and their mom, with his massive Little Giant trap.  And, in the mom's case, a pork chop thrown in the back as bait.

Well it worked.  There was no way she could have eaten that pork chop, but the cats were so hungry, minus their feeder.

Now he was hearing another kitten under his porch, but the kitten would not go in that huge trap, not even for a pork chop bigger than the kitten.

I went out, heard the kitten screaming under the porch, and set a small trap.  Yellow jackets were swarming.   The usual.  I was stung twice more.

I'd had him heat my bait, a combo of human tuna and Fancy Feast wet food, in the microwave first.  The smell permeates better when hot, for little noses to smell.

I had the kitten within ten minutes.  He didn't know if there might be more than one or not. So I waited another two hours, with traps set, but got nobody else.

I was filthy, tired still, yellow jackets were driving me nuts, but I fell in love with the little face in the trap.


I carried her in my shirt to do chores yesterday.   

And took naps with her

She made me happy
She's gone now.   I only had her really yesterday but I sure love her.  I took her up to ARCF this morning and now she's with her brother and sisters.

Good luck Little Sweetie.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:16 PM

    How quickly she became relaxed with you. That's my feel good story for the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kittens do tend to relax with me, cats too. Not sure why. Maybe they know I love them all.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the photo of the kitten. And you, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved her Kathy, was so tempted to keep her.

      Delete
  3. She really is a heart-melter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She melted mine, EC. That's for sure.

      Delete
  4. What a sweetie. Her next home is going to be very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes someone will be very lucky to get her.

      Delete
  5. Awww... You must have mixed feelings. Best wishes, little one! Today while picking up the male my husband saw a kitten skitter lightning fast across the parking lot. He didn't try to give chase. ~sigh~ I may have to check the situation out for myself. This is highly unusual around here, at least, unless I'm just oblivious somehow. Be well!

    Meanwhile, I'm sorry I’ve been absent so long. During our extended visit to the Outer Banks of North Carolina we ended up having poor Internet connectivity. I really didn’t miss social media, just some people (you among them!). My first full day back, I’m dipping my toe back in. I hope you are well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...