Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Six Fixed Yesterday, 14 Move On

Yesterday, six cats were fixed up at whs.

I admit exhaustion had taken its toll on me by yesterday, dealing with the trailer park cats.

Nonetheless, the first three girls from another large situation, were brought here Sunday evening, to be fixed yesterday.  She is not sure how many cats are on the property now.  At one point, she thought 20.

She is going to rehome the tame ones as they are fixed, which is great.

Longtail, a girl, fixed yesterday

Luba, a girl, fixed yesterday

Quartz, a girl, fixed yesterday
The Sweet Home woman who rounds up cats brought down four.  Two were tiny kittens.  She had said the mom cat, fixed last week, had quit feeding her kittens even by then.  She had said there were six and they were beautiful. I imagined some safe home, as it was someone she knows, and the kittens well cared for inside, warm, all that.   I was quite wrong.   It's Sweet Home after all.  The kittens were unnoticed and outside, made to eat adult dry cat food and four had already been run over in the driveway from people charging in, in their cars, at high speed.  The two she brought were sick, with bulging worm stomachs and prominent spines and rib cages.  Starved in other words, and dehydrated.

I gave them fluids twice before they went off to ARCF yesterday, right after I took up six cats to be fixed.   I have no idea if they'll make it.  Be a miracle if they do.  I gave them baths also, because sometimes if a kitten feels better, not dirty with crusted fur, and are warm, they might rally to live.

She also brought from someone up there an unwanted teen female Lynx Point Siamese.   She too went to ARCF and is very lovely and sweet.

And the fourth cat she brought, the one who would go back, was Tom, a big Lilac Point Siamese boy.  He was fixed yesterday, and end of day, exhausted, I met her in Lebanon to return him.

This teen girl from Sweet Home went to ARCF yesterday, one of six they took in, 3 from Sweet Home and three from the trailer park.

The two kittens from Sweet Home


Tom from Sweet Home, who was fixed yesterday and then went home
The last two teens from the trailer park also were fixed yesterday to round out the six.  Walker was a boy and Tamali was a girl.  After they were fixed, they joined six others and went off to be placed as barn cats with my friend.  The others were two black adults and a tabby boy, from the trailer park I got fixed three years ago, Juliet, who I got fixed mid September but had returned, due to lactation, then retrapped.  And teen kittens Chowder and Skeeter, Juliet's kittens.  They're together again.

So off went 8 trailer park cats to my barn cat placement friend.

Trailer park teen girl Tamali was spayed yesterday, before leaving with my barn cat placement friend.
Trailer park teen boy Walker, neutered yesterday and now awaiting barn cat placement with his family members and friends.
 Besides the two tiny Sweet Home kittens and the teen girl, ARCF took Tescata, from the trailer park, and the latest two of her kittens caught there--a black tux boy and a little tabby tux.  They will join her other two kittens, caught a week or so ago.



It was a long day yesterday to be sure.  But quite productive.   14 cats out of the valley, to await placement elsewhere.  Six more fixed.  Not bad.  A good day.  I was in bed by 8:00 p.m. last night.  Course I woke up at 4:30 this morning.  I'll nap more later.

2 comments:

  1. It was an INCREDIBLY productive day. Nap when you can. And I do hope those kittens make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little flamepoint boy has died. The vet told the ARCF lady it was parasite overload that killed him. The little girl is still alive, on panacure, and its hoped it will be soon enough to save her. Likely not though if it is coccidia that they are infected with. Been sleeping up a storm, feels so nice to be well rested again.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...