Friday, September 04, 2026

Cannot Comment

 Yesterday, without warning, I realized I couldn't comment on my own blog or anyone else's.

Mostly.

Occasionally a comment would publish.

Usually, I write the comment, hit publish, a box comes up says "publishing" but never does publish.

I'm told by google (seems a little funny since google owns blogger) this is due to problems between blogger and blogspot and something like an ext ad blocker or third party cookies disabled interferes with communication so the comment is stuck in a never ending attempt to publish.  

However disabling all ad blockers and ensuring third party cookies are allowed did not help.

I don't get why that would suddenly change.  Google gave me all kinds of shit fixes, many suited only to computer whizes.   Last night I cleared cache, history, everything.  Which did not help either.

Maybe blogger and blogspot are having a marital spat.  Breaking up is hard to do.   Um, seek help, you two, settle your tiff and get back to work.

That's my advice.  Because fuck it.  Most of us care so little about our online life we can dump it with  ease and go our way. 

This video shows what happens when I try to comment.  I click publish, a box pops up says publishing, but that box remains and it never does publish.   Anybody know what to do?    



5 comments:

  1. I had the same problems yesterday, but this morning it seems to be working. Hopefully, it stays this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its fixed and it wasn't anybody's fault but blogger's glitch.

      Delete
  2. Your day yesterday sounds just like mine. Stupid Google AI, telling me to change settings, try a different browser, sign out and back in, etc., etc. If AI was at all intelligent, it would have told me it wasn't my issue and that Blogger was down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah why wouldn't google's ai Gemini just say it was a blogger issue. Did they really code into their ai ways to cover their own butts, I think to myself having lost all confidence in the integrity of billionaire companies.

      Delete
  3. Trying to comment on this post on Friday is when I discovered that I, too, was afflicted with the commenting bug. It appears to be fixed now. Whew.

    ReplyDelete

Growling Mom

 I made a video of the River Path kittens but mom was growling at me for being near her kittens and very tired.   So I overlaid it with audi...