Monday, May 30, 2011

I Quit the City

I quit. I did it. I told the mayor and the city person to consider this in voting on the budget and the Poppa Inc. grant: I quit. I outlined why. I live on nothing. I can't do this alone. I get a few bags of cat food donated per year. That's it.

I have to come up with the rest, or ask for help from my faraway blogger people, for like Valentino. My day to day life has been hell, with so many here to care for, namely the Albany business cats. That happened because the city requested I intervene. I should have held my ground, but the grant was up for renewal, and I felt if I said "no" maybe we wouldn't get the grant. Now I don't want any part of it.

I can't do this. I'm completely alone here. I have no support at all.

I'd like to trap, but independently, for other groups, who will take in the ones who need taking in, and all I will do is trap. I can't deal with the people, the arrogant assholes who breed and cause the problem to continue without regard for life, for society, for taxpayers, for the little people trying to solve the problem, for the cats.

I can't take the constant verbal abuse either. I can't take the constant exposure to animal abandonment, neglect and cruelty. I can't take Albany. I've never in my life lived in a place where the majority of people do not fix their pets or care for them even minimally.

I quit. I don't regret it. I've done what I could do and I can't do it anymore.

I've been used. I know that. I let it happen so I could help cats and it was the only way I could but it was nonetheless wrong.

I don't want to be nice anymore. People are not nice to me. When you have a grant, you have to put on a smiley face and take shit. I want to say "fuck off asshole" to most people. Now I can. Now I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...