Saturday, May 21, 2011

Doomsday Bust

May 21 was supposed to be the end of days for planet earth, according to a religious whacko who should be committed, although, although...he has made millions off his faulty predictions for eager doomsday enthusiasts.

6:00 p.m. May 21 has already hit in New Zealand. That was where Camping, the old guy who made the prediction, said it would begin, at 6:00 p.m., after which the massive earthquakes would roll around the globe, while the faithful (Camping's faithful who no doubt have to donate to secure divine allegiance) are raptured.

If I were one of his dazed blank eyed followers, right now I'd be wanting my money back. I'd be pounding down his door wanting all donations I'd given back! But followers are funny types. They usually go back for more. Look at sports fans! They'll seek a new prediction date from him, no doubt, while he gets richer and richer.

Well, on we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...