Tuesday, January 04, 2011

How Will Cats Be Blamed for These Bird Kills?

Green wind power kills hundreds of thousands of birds:

"The group reports that according to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, more than 400,000 birds a year are killed when they are struck by the fast-moving blades of wind turbines"

And now, there birds literally falling from the sky. 3000 New Years Eve in Alabama, along with a nearby massive fish kill. Today another mass bird death is reported in a small town.

My guess is these birds dropping from the sky were killed by activities of man. It is thought the 3000 or more red wing blackbirds panicked over New Years' fireworks and that the fish died of "natural causes", whatever that means. Suicide I guess.

I'm surprised cats have not been blamed yet somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...