Saturday, August 07, 2010

Portland's Going to Get Spoofed! Portlandia, New Series on IFC

Click post title to read about a new comedy series spoofing Portland. I don't know much about the series. I did hear it features a belligerent bike messenger, a couple who spend their time putting up paper bird cut outs everywhere (and probably blame cats if they disappear), among other absurdities, exaggerating the ultra liberal make up of our fair city to the north.

In the first episode, the mayor seeks out musicians to write a theme song for the city. Hmmmmm. Good idea. Everyone needs a personal theme song, too, I think.

After all, Portland likes being called weird, abnormal and bizarre.

Let it be for all to see.

Except those without cable. Like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...