Friday, February 06, 2009

Cat Photos

Well, I'm on a new computer. I've been trying to work out a way to alter photos, since on this PC I am using, I have no photo altering software. On the other one, I had several including Adobe Photo Shop but that computer is toasted. I used Photo Shop to fill in flashed out eyes. I downloaded Irfanview and Picassa, both free and both software I like, but neither have a "paint" capacity.

This computer does have a simple Microsoft Paint program and that is what I used on the flashed out eyes in photos below, to fill them in. However, Paint is hard to use for this purpose. The color looks added on and does not fill well. The colors are not natural, either. Anyone out there know of a reasonably priced decent photo manipulation software? I like the paint and pallet features and the clone feature to repair photos.Sam atop a chair, flirting.
Solomon, who has been here now for two years.
Sam with one of his cult teen members--Buffy.
Tweetie, one of only two of the 12 cats I took in from deceased old woman, left here, and up for adoption.
Here's Button, Tweeties' sister.
Button again.
And Calico Triangles calico Agent 99. She's rather feral.
Tweetie asleep (but I woke her up).

Thanks for the suggestion, Diane. I downloaded GIMP and love it immediately. No need for Irfanview with GIMP. I still love Picassa however. It's free, easy and I love it's features. GIMP is a GREAT free program. Love it.

2 comments:

  1. Try GIMP it's like Photoshop and it's free. Search for it and download it. I use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam looks wonderful in those photos!! I really wished i lived close enough to take him....that is one adorable, loving looking cat..sure, he peed in your phone and all but he looks so sweet!!!Unfortunately, it looks like button and tweetie are growing up much like your starvation kids have....i know its harder to adopt out once they hit their teens....the calico corners cat looks great - I bet she's eating you outta house and home - that was the starving calico you eventually caught, right???

    ReplyDelete

Five Cats Fixed Yesterday

 Two Liliths from two towns were fixed yesterday.  Coincidence?  I guess. This Lilith is from Lebanon and was left behind by her people at a...