Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Five Cats Fixed Yesterday

 Two Liliths from two towns were fixed yesterday.  Coincidence?  I guess.

This Lilith is from Lebanon and was left behind by her people at an apartment complex.   Someone I know has a grandson who lives there and she scooped her up and took her home, hopes to find her a decent human.  But at least she is now fixed.  Poor little thing.


Lilith number two is from Albany and has been a prolific breeder on Hill Street.  Not anymore!

Lilith from Albany
The last three are all from the Sweet Home 7-11 colony.   There were two all blacks---Seven, an adult male, and Eleven, a young black female.   And Petunia, another Lynx Point Siamese mix girl.   

Silverton Cat Rescue is helping place some of the 7-11 cats in barn homes.    The two girls will go next week, and three boys can go this Friday.   Seven will be one of those going Friday but I have to make another trip to Sweet Home and try to retrap two of the already fixed younger boys to join Seven.  

The store manager is like a saint to these cats.  Try to find anyone else up there who cares or will lift a finger and you may be disappointed.   

It is a lonely thing to care around here.

Petunia

Eleven

Seven

Rain forecast for the next week.  What else is new.   When I was loading the cats after they were fixed yesterday back into my car, a hail storm hit, with wind, and somehow, I think the paperwork for the five cats blew off one of the traps and out somewhere.   Darn it.   I think I can print it off again from the portal.


15 comments:

  1. That you care is enough. You can't make someone else care. You can only do what you can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it gives the manager hope, that someone else cares about the cats. There was an incident, poisoning allegedly, one owned cat died at the apartments behind, another missing. I understand how it is to care and also to be afraid for their safety, which she is, night and day. I'm happy Silverton Cat is helping move some of them out to barn homes.

      Delete
  2. Thanks again for all your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, it is quite a lot of work, but I could up and quit if I wanted to, so, I must love it.

      Delete
  3. Thank you. Again. Always. Those black cats warmed my heart. And if I lived near you I am sure I would have rather a lot of cats rather than two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love black cats. They're the most beautiful, sleek, wonderful, exotic looking.....just love them.

      Delete
  4. We had a thunderstorm last night, but no hail. Yet more cats that you have given a chance at a better life. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess its that time of year, where the weather is schitzy.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for all you do, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like a broken record though, day in day out. Maybe I'll find something else to blog about one of these days.

      Delete
    2. Please never, ever stop blogging about what you do and experience. You share such amazing photos, videos, and stories that inspire me. Hugs, my dear.

      Delete
  6. They are all cuties. Important work that you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they're adorable, wild or not.

      Delete

Rain and A Fire in Lebanon

 Rain is back.   At least it came back off and on today, although it wasn't supposed to.   Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, albeit quite...