Wednesday, July 30, 2008

11 Cats Fixed Today

Eleven cats went in to be spayed today! Four went north to Countryside Vet--3 females and one male. Two females came from rural Benton County, while the other adult female and one male are from Albany. The caretaker of HTN colony took them and even picked them up, since I was tied up with the other seven cats, who went to Eugene.

A woman I'd known for awhile from the FCCO clinics, decided a few years back, that it may as well be her, to start a spay/neuter clinic in Eugene. So, she systematically did just that. The clinic opened I believe this January. I told her today I was very proud of her. I told her I remembered those words of hers from years back, when she said she didn't see anyone else stepping forward to create a low cost clinic so it may as well be her. And she did it. The Wag clinic is beautiful and the crew down there today was very fun.

I had been offered five free fixes. I took seven cats. I told Jill, "You know I'd never undercat you!" She laughed and they did all seven. Fortunately the caretaker of five of the kittens fixed, from rural Linn, donated $150 to help out. Because the clinic constantly struggles for funds. So, four girl kittens and one boy kitten, all severely infested with earmites, from rural Linn, were fixed. And two more girl kittens from an Albany complex also went along and were fixed.

In total today, 11 cats were fixed--9 girls, two boys. Four were from Albany, two from Benton County, and 5 from rural Linn County. All even got Revolution and distemper vaccinated! Getting nine more female cats fixed is a huge plus for the cats of this area, that's for sure.

I got home late, and returned the seven kittens, then came home and saw that craigslist rat post. Then it was off to pick up the others, at the HTN man's place and return them. Then, I'd gotten a last minute invite to dinner in North Albany and enjoyed that immensely.

Now I'm home and darn it, have only two cats lined up for tomorrow. I thought I'd get home in time to trap, but didn't. Two is better than none.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...