Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Remember This Sentence......

I have found lately this sentence to be useful. If someone is yelling at me, in person or over the phone, I can interupt with the magic sentence...."Can you believe the price of cauliflower?"

If they stutter on....I inject further, "No, I mean it. Come on, I mean, a year ago, I could easily afford to buy four or five heads of cauliflower a week, and now...." I shake my head in sadness.

This can also help when I am obsessing on something that has happened, some outrage, that really, in the larger picture, is unimportant. I have to say to myself, or even yell it out loudly in my car while driving, "CAN YOU BELIEVE THE PRICE OF CAULIFLOWER?"

Remember that sentence. It could save your life.

2 comments:

  1. i've used a similar sentence. It's from a Dead Milkmen song, so I can't take credit for it. "Do you know what the Martians are doing to the soil!!?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good one, too. "Do you know what those Martians are doing to our soil? Do you know, or do you just not care?" Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...