Saturday, April 05, 2008

Dying in Albany

I am dying in this town, without exercise. I must find a way to exercise here. There are no hiking parks. There are no bike paths. And no hills. I don't know what to do. I'm disgusted with what a slug I've become since moving here.

I don't know how people around here get exercise. I see a few people jogging. A few people walking the sidewalks. But how do people in Albany get their exercise I wonder. Gyms?

I don't like walking city sidewalks. Hate it, in fact. You'd have to walk for hours, too, to get any benefit since it's flat and you have to keep stopping for stoplights to cross streets. But what other choice is there in this concrete zone?

4 comments:

  1. You could come out to St. Helens. We have lots of cats, too. Come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you have a lot of strays out there. Who is working that area? You?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we have lots of cats around. We've had neighbor cats fixed, and some strays. The feral cat clinic does low cost fixing maybe 3 times a year. I don't know of anyone like you out here working to get the cats fixed. It sounds rather thankless, but you know you're doing a needed job. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Heidi. Sounds like you are doing what you can. It's thankless all right, but the cats would probably thank me if they could.

    ReplyDelete

Last Trip to Lake?

 I went to the lake yesterday.  It was supposed to get up to near 80 by late afternoon.  I checked the reservoir level first, to make sure I...