Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Hot!

 


Warm today.

Smoke is creeping in too, from wildfires, but not too bad here really.

My knee kept me up off and on last night, as usual, but I decided to sleep the afternoon heat away and did.  I got an ortho appointment at a different office for next week, so I'm super stoked over that.

Could be hotter tomorrow, with thunderstorms in afternoon, especially in mountains.  We have enough wildfires going on, in north central and central Oregon plus down in central southern Oregon.  We don't need more.

14 comments:

  1. HOT HOT HOT The number you see on my old farm equipment part is a part number. Very hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that makes sense, it being part number. Yes its hot! You too, up where you are?

      Delete
    2. It would normally be a bit cooler here than there, but Tuesday and Wednesday were 96. The temperature crashed down with the thunderstorms that passed by without much rain at all.

      Delete
    3. Yesterday it never got above mid 80's I don't think. Cloudy all day with off and on thunderstorms. They came with more rain in the evening, didn't last a long time. The morning thunderstorm was extremely loud, like big sky explosions. Morning ones came with about 3 minutes of rain.

      Delete
  2. Climates where it gets killer hot and humid in summer, yet it snows in winter puzzle me but it seems that is how it is in northern America, into Canada, and its the same in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're usually not humid. But when it gets really hot, I describe it as the sky breaking from the heat, because it ends in thunderstorms, at least in the mountains and moisture drawn in from the coast, creating valley humidity. Then the sky breaks here too, and cools off.

      Delete
    2. And my description is very unscientific.

      Delete
  3. How exciting that your ortho appointment is scheduled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got so excited when I got in so soon at the other place, I nearly broke into a dance in the 100 degree heat outside.

      Delete
  4. Your weather looks a lot like ours--very hot, storms, and smokey at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My younger brother said after I added in the smoke factor to the heat "perfect Oregon summer day". He doesn't like heat and avoids the valley from spring to fall due to "hay fever" a.k.a. allergies.

      Delete
  5. Looks like a day to stay in with the a/c blasting. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please stay safe, cool and hydrated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stayed inside the last few days between the heat and humidity. Stay safe, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

Still the Cats

 Over the last months, I haven't posted much about cats.   My little nonprofit still got lots fixed.  We gave a grant to a local clinic ...