Over the last months, I haven't posted much about cats.
My little nonprofit still got lots fixed. We gave a grant to a local clinic to reduce the price by half for feral and owned cats. I haven't gotten final results but it was enough to help 60 to 65 cats with half price fixing. This month, so far, we took in three cats from Halsey to be fixed at the Salem clinic. Yeah I drove and picked up, was a welcome get out of the house event.
And yet two more were paid for by HCC--whom I never saw, with a financial assistance request from Rad for a cat caregiver. Rusty and Beefy were the lucky boys.
I do have photos of the Halsey kitties, two boys and a girl. Both boys, Easy and Spook, are manx's, while the girl, Piper, was not. They were living in a culvert and Piper had three kittens the Halsey woman also caught and is taming.
 |
| Easy from Halsey, a boy |
 |
| Piper, the girl, whose kittens were also caught and are about 8 weeks of age |
 |
Spook and Easy are replicas, only Spook is bigger and a bit older than Easy and Spook had an infected bite wound on his butt.
|
Here are some of my kitties. I got my old Canon working again. For how long, I don't know. Takes much better photos than the phone camera.
 |
| Misha, from Waterloo |
 |
| Prissy from Quartzville road |
 |
| Muffy, with Dougie and Smudge behind |
 |
| Superior Smudge |
Then there is little Tabitha, a small cat from the 7-11 colony. She had a wonky looking eye before she came here a couple years back when the former manager had to retrap her, after she was fixed, so she could stay safe from the cat hating new store owners. I finally got a close up of her eye, since she's decided in the last couple weeks to be partly tame (let's me briefly pet her mornings on her terms).
The eye photo made me nervous she could have feline melanoma, but she has had the condition at least two years. I have no idea how old Tabitha may be. I'll keep watching that eye, getting photos as long as the Canon keeps on working.
 |
| Tabitha's eye |
I got my oil changed yesterday finally but again couldn't get the oil filter loose. It's in a tough spot to reach and it was hot so I admit to giving up easily. Next time my Lebanon friend is home I'll ask him if he can do it. He works out of town, over in ne Oregon during the week.
Well that's it for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment