Friday, July 31, 2026

Happy Knee

 Thursday my knee cyst was drained!

I went to the ortho on Thursday morning.   My friend took me over.

Happy to say it went well.  The ortho doctor looked at the mri and said well, its easy to see what's causing your pain--he pointed to the cyst in the mri.  Then he looked at my knee and compared it to the other one and said that needs drained.

So I was moved to another room where the ultra sound was and he guided in a needle and drained it.  I got to watch on the ultra sound.  Was awesome.  Then he injected some cortisone and that was that.

I was happy!  I wanted to give him a big thank you hug but I refrained.  The pressure in my knee had vanished instantly.  Hopefully the driving pain will be gone too.  No pain problem sleeping last night either.  At last!!!  Relief!  Ability to sleep through the night is a big huge deal.   It was so nice to have that back last night.

He told me to keep it wrapped tight day and night for a month to try to keep it from refilling.

I'll do that.  I used self attaching tape the first night along with support hose I got when trying to help my knee myself.  They're pretty tight but suprisingly comfy.  Today I got a compression sleeve.  


Thank you ortho doctor!   Hoping for the best and very grateful.

13 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Finally. I hope your driving issues are now over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't driven anywhere lengthy but so far so good.

      Delete
  3. I'm so thrilled for you! ~happy dance~ Thanks for commenting that you found it funny me smelling like a hog on the long drive home. I bet my older brothers remember and should ask them. Hugs, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they remember too. My brothers remember stuff like that and have forgotten what I think are more significant memories. Wouldn't ya know.

      Delete

No Plan, Just Go

 Decided to go to Waldo Lake on a whim today.  That was after I saw the weather forecast, which said today might be the last day to hit 80 i...