Decided to go to Waldo Lake on a whim today. That was after I saw the weather forecast, which said today might be the last day to hit 80 in a week at least.
My stuff was already in my car. I was too lazy to unload after taking the board up to Foster, with my friend. So basically I just had to get dressed and go.
But of course not everything went right.
My hand pump to air up the kayak/board broke. I wasn't worried. I'd also brought a rechargable electric pump. HOwever, its hose end Halkey Roberts valve wouldn't work on my Halkey Roberts valve board receptor. Wth!!!
It's little twister things are too wide. I don't know what the terminology is.
I asked an SUVer if she had a pump and she came to help. HOwever her Halkey Roberts was the same as the one on my electric pump hose. However, my hand pump hose, with the correct valve fitting fit onto her pump so I used her pump and my hand pump hose and valve connection.
Ai says easiest way to fix my problem now is to use a box cutter and pare down the wide offending areas on the electric pump hose Halkey Roberts fitting. Ok, maybe tomorrow.
I paddled down to the south end, hung out with dragon flies, then with five ducklings, now of age, whom I've encountered multiple times since they were born. In other words, I've known them since they were babies. They follow me sometimes now. And they did today too. I wonder why. I swam a lot. I didn't care if the clouds had come out by then.
The water was rough, as usual, in the afternoon, then calmed as usual about 4:00. It was beautiful. Lots of people there enjoying the beauty. Friendly nice people. Including a couple and their dog from Salem area.
Here are my duckling friends.
Also my personal car, with only half the miles of the cat carrier car, is acting up. It's got dash lights on as of today. And the electric door locks are a mystery. Sometimes three of them will lock when I press auto lock and sometimes only one will lock and sometimes they will not unlock when I need to get out of the car. So its a crapshoot, wondering if I'll get locked in my car unable to get out. That's why I carry a hammer in the car now.
Here are my dragon fly friends.
It's so beautiful there.






No comments:
Post a Comment