Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Waldo Trip

 I didn't want to mention I was going to Waldo today with friends, so as not to jinx it.

I left with R this morning in her vehicle, that has all the amenities and such leg room!  Her daughter S went in another car, because she was continuing on, afterwards, to K. Falls.

It was a great day weather wise, although cloudy in the valley up until we got to Oakridge.  Then it was sunny, warm but not too warm, and perfect.

Lots of people there.  Well, not lots but enough.

We paddled down to the south end.  R couldn't manage the stand up paddle board she'd borrowed, too much work, so we ditched it along the shore and she rode behind her daughter.   

Down at Campsite beach and lagoon a bunch of paddle boarders and a sailboat and lots of dogs, they'd brought on their boards, were playing.  One lady said they call the island Dog Island now, because they turn the five or six dogs loose on it while they play in the water.  One little dog wanted to go find its person, who was snorkeling and jumped onto my board from another lady's.  I took Tiny Dog to Dog Island and he belly flopped into the shallow water from the front and headed off following his person, who was just off shore.



S and I paddled on down to the other two beaches at the south end, close to the burn.




Then we went back to pick up R where she was napping at Campsite Beach Lagoon.  I went on ahead, just dorking around.  Saw a convoy headed  down to the south end from the boat ramp.  They were pulling at least three paddle boards loaded down in supples and coolers.    I caught up with them and asked how long they were going to stay and they said five days and that they had a pizza oven.  They said come on over tonight, if you're camped down here.  I told them I wasn't but I wished I was.


Then S and R caught up with me and we all headed back to the boat ramp.  We retrieved, on the way, the stashed paddle board and I towed it behind mine, the rest of the way back.  Once at day use area, we packed up and R and I came home.  She drove.  It was really fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Waldo Trip

 I didn't want to mention I was going to Waldo today with friends, so as not to jinx it. I left with R this morning in her vehicle, that...