Friday, October 25, 2024

All Done Colony

 I took the other 9 cats from the colony to the clinic to be fixed yesterday morning.

It was very foggy and beautiful out.


I spent a couple hours cleaning then returned five of the cats who had been recuperating from surgery the day before.  But one of the five wasn't quite ready to go back, so I brought her back home and set up a cage for her for at least a night.   She's Joplin, the sweet little torti point Siamese girl.

I had a grape glean with gleaners but when I picked up the nine cats from the clinic, there was no time to come home before the glean, so they went with me.  I got a large bag of concord grapes and have to process them into grape juice.  That will be tomorrow.

I couldn't set up the cats for the night in the garage.   I got a call about 4:30 that the duct people are coming this morning.  Oh no, I thought, but did not say out loud on the phone.  I'm so exhausted from the last few days. Have ten cats to return this morning, nine fixed yesterday and the torti point who is now completely recovered.  I spent the next hours feeding the cats and trying to get ready for the duct people, moving things in the garage, cleaning, etc.  I couldn't get to sleep, worried about it all.   And from too much coffee yesterday.

I have a doctors appointment this afternoon, then am supposed to take Buggyboo up to a Portland rescue also.   Oh my.   Well, I'm happy they're coming though, supposed to rain this weekend heavily and that means water under the house.  So best it be done today.  One duct broke off from the rusted out register and is laying on the ground under the house, is the reason they're coming.   My brother graciously decided to replace all the aging ducts.  It's not a big house, so its not a big job and shouldn't take too long.    I can handle being a bit tired to get that done!   I'm really happy about it.   My brother is good to me.

Bigfoot

Chinook

Coho


Exotica

Santiam

Scio

Shimo (this is the kitten the lady hand grabbed two days ago)

Sleepy

Wisty
Of the 15 fixed, 10 were girls.   I'm so happy to get them all done in two days.   Also I caught the two dumped park kittens and found a rescue for two other kittens.  So...big week with also Buggyboo leaving today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Done Colony

 I took the other 9 cats from the colony to the clinic to be fixed yesterday morning. It was very foggy and beautiful out. I spent a couple ...