Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Cats and Drama

 I determined to get a Waterloo colony fixed fast, for the people involved--two ladies.  

Yesterday, I trapped six there, beneath the drop trap, quickly.  They were so hungry.  At the same time, a Portland rescue agreed to take Buggyboo.  He will leave Friday.   I'm so happy for him.

Hummer


Joplin

ZZ

Madam

Footsie

Foodie

He went back to the vet on Monday, got antibiotics, fluids and a fecal sent off, that turned out to be negative for all parasites.  He's doing better.    

I dropped the six cats off in Corvallis to be fixed this morning, then returned to Waterloo to trap the remaining 8. There are 9 left unfixed, but the folks feeding them had grabbed one by hand and had it in their place, so I just picked him up later.

This colony will be fixed completely by tomorrow night.

But....I also had to trap the two dumped kittens at Waterloo park.  It took only two minutes to catch them  because they came running out of the brush to my car and I set one trap by my car tire and caught both in like 30 seconds.

The two park dumped kittens, very small with URI

The feeder lady had said she'd take them and had a room set up for them in her house.  So I left them there after catching them.




I checked my messages after I trapped the kittens and was sitting there parked still.  Uh oh.  A series of messages from two or three different Waterloo folks.  Some lady was making claims like I stole her cat.  Um no.  I don't steal people's cats.   I have plenty. 

She claimed the cat had kittens and needed to come home now, was angry, accusatory.   Turns out one of the six was not hers, but her moms.  Her mom was actually helping the lady with the strays until her husband had a bad health issue and was in the hospital so she's been gone a week, the other colony caretaker says.  In the meantime a daughter was to care for the cat.    I guess the cat got out though and she said had been missing several days.   The woman who contacted me was a different daughter. Well, I said, she's only been with me one day, if its her.

Later she texted back to apologize for being so mean and said thank you and gave an address many blocks from where she was trapped. I knew the address.  I'd gotten cats fixed from there before.  I guess she had just moved in there.  I didn't know yet when she was first making such accusations that her sister and mom live behind the colony. Her accusations, most online in public of course, hurt, in part because I'm really really tired.  Anyhow, all worked out and I returned the cat to her because she had the cats kittens there, she said.   I don't know what happened in the first place, if the cat was there at the place I returned her to, so many blocks from where she was caught, so very hungry, in the first place, then got outside and booked it back home, to behind the colony, or what, but its all good in the end.

After I trapped the park kittens, I then went and trapped 8 more at the colony.  They had one kitten hand caught in the house by then, so I picked that one up later.  All will be done by tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cats and Drama

 I determined to get a Waterloo colony fixed fast, for the people involved--two ladies.   Yesterday, I trapped six there, beneath the drop t...