Friday, September 27, 2024

More Rain

 

We had a lot of rain on Wednesday, a little bit yesterday, more this morning.  We are not short on rain here, that's for sure.

Nothing like they're getting in the SE with hurricane Helene however.   My goodness I feel for the people and the animals there.   The rainfall amounts in even an hour in Georgia and the Carolinas are unbelievable.

I heard another hurricane may be forming too off eastern Mexico.   I've never been to the Gulf coast.   

My older brother took me to WA DC once, for a Jimmy Buffet concert.  That was a three day trip long long ago and the only time I've been east of the Rockies.  He was once a concert organizer or something like that, and once upon a time did Jimmy Buffet concerts.   Long long time ago.  I loved the plane trip especially.  As we took off to fly back home, lightning was flashing around us in the sky.   It was spectacular.  Funny the things I remember about a trip like that.  I remember the field the concert was held in, the pirate flags flying, the plastic sharks, the margaritas, the cheeseburgers.   Standard JB concert stuff.  Yeah that's me in the foreground passed out.



I've only flown a handful of times in my life.   Planes put me to sleep, almost the instant the wheels are up off the ground.   Probably because getting ready, getting to the airport, packing for wherever I went, all that wore me out first.

By March I think it is, if you fly you will need a real ID, which costs more money than renewing a drivers license.  I don't think I'll bother.  The chances I'll ever fly again in my life are pretty slim.   The last time I flew was well over a decade ago, when my brother gave me miles from his frequent flying to take a cat to Huntington Beach, to his new home.  I still recall that trip like it was yesterday and my three hour vacation in HB.  Kate even took me to see the boardwalk and I stuck my feet in the ocean there.

Halloween 2009 and I was in HB, CA.   Briefly.  For Three Hours.  Made the most of those three hours!


On the flight back, I ended up in Seattle or Tacoma, can't recall which, then had to board a prop plane, with narrow tiny seats, for the flight to Portland, arriving back after midnight.   And I still had to drive home from Portland. That was a long day.  It was exciting though.

Tiny Tim, that lucky cat, is still alive and well, although a very old man cat now, with Kate in HB.

Silverton Cat Rescue has a barn home open now for Chatty and Sunny, two very bonded cats at the Gills Landing colony.   The only other two still needing barn placed from there right now are in foster, teens too wild to tame, a pair of now fixed boys.   One of those two was dumped there.  Now another little girl kitten is in foster who was dumped there and promptly caught by the feeder lady.  She still needs fixed.

Sunny and Chatty, best friends

Ash and Clyde, two young boys from Gills Landing, waiting on a barn home


That will likely be an ongoing project due to its popularity as a dump site by the assholes of Lebanon.

Not even October, and feels like winter has set in.  The air is heavy and moist.

My yard is full of weeds and I don't care.   Let them grow.   Lots of times, my front yard is obscured from view anyhow, by car lot people trucks along the curb.  Leaves me with no desire to waste my time on it. 



2 comments:

  1. We had rain on Wednesday too. Not the buckets that were forecast though. I have blog friends in Helene's way and my heart goes out to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The news stories from along its path show terrible destruction. It's a fast moving storm, but the flooding will go on for days. I don't know anyone in the path I don't think, except maybe my niece is stationed somewhere in Tennessee.

      Delete

More Rain

  We had a lot of rain on Wednesday, a little bit yesterday, more this morning.  We are not short on rain here, that's for sure. Nothing...