Tuesday, July 09, 2024

Last Day of Excess Heat

 Today is to be our last day over 100.   Temps to reach 105 here, same as yesterday.

Yesterday afternoon, I went to the coast with a friend, the one who gets carsick, even if she's driving.  We went to Ona Beach again.   It's flat.  Beaver Creek runs into it.   Not that many people jam it up.

Unlike Newport and much of the coast.  People are trying to escape the heat in droves by heading to the coast.  It was only about 70 yesterday afternoon at the coast, by comparison to the valley.   That's a fast drive over from here, now that the road is all nice.   An hour maybe, if that.

On the drive back, her check engine light went on.   Yikes.  She'll hope for the best, she said, see if when she starts it up this morning, it goes on again.  If so she'll need to get the code checked, at the least.   She has some kind of a truck.   It's old, but not as old as my car.  She's dismissed me asking about the ticking sound, when she presses on the gas, several times, so I keep mouth shut now.   It's her truck.

I was worn out already, even before we went.   I have switched my schedule around with the heat.  I do things late and early morning, then sleep in the hot afternoon.  So once we got to the beach I laid down and napped.   In the sand.  The wind was going good and blew sand all over my face, hair, got in my mouth.  Hope it was clean sand.

So, the only plus of yesterdays' coast trip was losing the 100 plus heat for a few hours.  

Today's the last day of it.   Tomorrow, low 90's.  Then two days of 80's before back in 90's.  I woke too late.  I should have been up doing all the chores and its already 85.  Well I better get at it.



7 comments:

  1. I am glad that today is the last day (for the moment) of your excessive heat. I try and do things early or late on hot days too. Stay as cool as you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you could call it cooler today. Did reach 98 in my backyard however.

      Delete
  2. I hope your downward trend continues. Way too hot for way too long. Nice you were able to get away. Sending cool thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was hot again but tonight has cooled off so fast its wonderful.

      Delete
  3. Is that your new pool? It looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not new, have had it a few years, just repaired it cause it was leaking earlier on.

      Delete
  4. If we think we are hot though, think about Las Vegas, enduring its 5th day of 115 or hotter. I can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete

8 Cats Fixed Yesterday

 I don't know how I got involved in that horrible situation in Lebanon at the city owned RV park. The city should be solving it humanely...