Saturday, July 06, 2024

It's Hot



 It's miserably hot.

And it will be until I guess next Wednesday.

There's nothing I can do in 100 degree or more heat except be inside.  

Thank goodness for working AC.

I have the blinds closed on the front, to block the rising and morning sun.   By afternoon, when the hot sun sears my place from the backside, I hope to have silver tarps over part, at least, of the cat yard, to give the cats who won't come in some shade.  Yesterday I had a mister going in the afternoon in the cat yard.  I got it a few years ago at the Grocery Outlet. It stands upright with two misting screws at the top.  I tried, a couple years ago, to rig a misting line, that I got at Walmart, along the cat yard edge, but it constantly clogged, and blew out the little misting screws, so I chucked it as cheap useless crap.  

The heat related water and electric bills will be severe.  I have to plan now for paying those.

I just want to keep my aging cats alive right now.  Its harder for the older, of any species, in heat waves.

I remember they survived the 115 degree heat in June 2021.  That was our worst heat wave ever and killed people.   This one is not as bad.   Just about 100, or a little higher, for five or so days.  SoCal desert and Arizona folks would laugh.  On the worst day in June 2021, with unimaginable heat for Oregon, I went to a friends place in Brooks.  They had a little outdoor pool they'd put up, three feet deep 12 feet across.  My sandals melted!  I'd left them on the cement just outside the pool.

Only a few more days of the 100 plus crap.  I can deal with low 90's.



12 comments:

  1. That is awful. I hope you and the cats can stay cool and safe. Heat is a killer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. Stay cool. Did you get your kiddie pool fixed and filled? Not a lot, but at least that's something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its filled again, but I didn't get the sun shade up yet. This evening I'll do that.

      Delete
  3. Be safe! We have lower temperatures today but the sunlight is scorching so I didn't do as much outside as planned. Hugs, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know about scorching sunlight.

      Delete
  4. Even by our standards, that's hot. Is it a dry heat, which I think is much more bearable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its 104 right now by my garage, in shade. but on the upside its dry heat!

      Delete
  5. There seems to be a heat wave over most of the country right now. Some places are hotter than others, but they are all hot. And some of the places where it's usually cooler, don't have AC. That's a real problem. Good luck with your cats. I know you will do a good job keeping them cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. My brother lives down on the south coast and nobody has or needs AC there. But Friday it was upper 90's where he is.

      Delete
  6. I am NOT a fan of heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the 80's, in fact that is my happy summer zone, but get into the 90's and I'm not so happy.

      Delete

Two More Gills Landing Cats Move On

 A Portland trapper made a comment and hashtagged it doing free work for the county.  She was referring to the county vacating on helping ca...