Tuesday, October 06, 2026

Back at the Cats

 I'm back doing cats.  Not too much work on my part, however.

Today my nonprofit is paying for 8 to be fixed over in Corvallis.

Two of them, the owner took in, from Halsey.

The other six I picked up in Lebanon last night.  A couple were big huge males they had in very small carriers.   

They have a few more, who will be fixed Thursday.   They are picking up their cats themselves about right now.  One boy had a heart murmur and we scrambled to get the permission to proceed, if wanted, despite the risk.  I think it went fine.

The five river path kittens are now with a neighbor getting tamed up proper.  They have friends, kids, dogs, its perfect. They get exposure that way. She's also no novice to taming cats and kittens.  She's good at it.

Tempest the mom is still in my bathroom but SCR is working like crazy to find her a good barn home.

I only got photos of five of the six I took over from Lebanon.  

Its amazing we can keep plugging away but we got some very kind donations, one anonymous for $1500!!!  That fixes 15 cats alone!

8 fixed today, another 6 Thursday.  I know its a drop in the bucket of those needing fixed but it sure helps those who do get fixed and their people and their neighborhoods.

This morning felt like fall with clouded skies and temps that made me think maybe I'll have to get a coat out of the closet.  But nope.  Clouds cleared out and sun came out and its 75 outside now.

I don't like wearing a coat just like I don't like wearing shoes.   This summer I used barefoot waterproof shoes I got so cheap it was ridiculous.  I was only going to wear them kayaking as water shoes but I ended up wearing them everyday I had to have something on my feet to drive or go to a store.  They are barefoot style, a shoe type I did not know existed.  You don't wear them on sharp surfaces like rough gravel but otherwise anywhere else.    

Dixie and Angel

Loki

Max

Smokey

The boy fixed without a photo--Bandit, another buff tabby.

I should be done for the day.  Just cleaning and relaxing.

I've taken to eating cabbage and potato soup.   It's very cheap to make and I like it.  Prices for food, gas, everything really have gone up so high lately it requires ever changing behaviors to make it.  Just have to adapt to this reality.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back at the Cats

 I'm back doing cats.  Not too much work on my part, however. Today my nonprofit is paying for 8 to be fixed over in Corvallis. Two of t...