Monday, June 10, 2024

Waist High Dandelions

 I cut the rest of the dandelions down.

I did really want to see how high they could get.  

They didn't get just waist high, they were chest high.



I mowed part of the back, then left the mower sitting there and sat around awhile.   My neighbor and I went out to a local Mexican place and had a margarita.   There's drama going on with her and her roommate, bad stuff, police called, she said, and I felt bad, but there's nothing I can do about it.  I can tell her they need to split, for her safety and mental well being, but that doesn't mean she will or even can, financially.   I just hope nothing really bad happens.   I try not to think about it because there's nothing I can do.  

Also her housecleaner vanished, she said.   She's prone to doing it and not showing up when she's supposed to work, but she's worried she could have drug overdosed somewhere.  She knows at the least she has to fire her, since she doesn't show up for work.  She really likes the woman so she's worried about where she could be even though the ladies adult daughter isn't and thinks she's just out on one of her flings.  The first house cleaner she'd had when she moved here was involved in the drug thing, she said, over in Lebanon and often never showed up for work and she had to let her go.

There's lots of things I can't do a darn thing about and all I can do is hope things turn out ok for all involved.   

I'm back to wearing my knee brace.  The mowing and weed eating has gotten to my knee, so the brace and ice as often as I can on it, and I hope it will not be a huge recovery time.

10 comments:

  1. Those 'nothing I can do about it' things do my head in. I do hope your knee recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, sometimes I don't want to hear about things I can't do anything about. I'm about to no longer listen to tales of how awful he is and about threats, when she doesn't make any go seperate ways plans. This has gone on a year. I'm done with it.

      Delete
  2. I have pull-on supports on both knees! Getting old sucks. Anyway, I believe the tiny little guy is a Field Mouse. Not very exciting, but he was cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I really got the size wrong on that one, Bill!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry about your friend. Sometimes all we can do is be a sounding board for things we can't do anything to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, but I'm finished with that now.

      Delete
  4. Yes, you can't save the world, but just help when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. margarita does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is so much pain in the world. Thank you for being a force for good. On a brighter note I have never seen dandelions grow tall like that and your blouse is very pretty. :D Hugs, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

One of those Moments

I was having such a good time holding the kitten, combing her, feeding her.  She'd just eaten a big plate of wet food while I held her a...