Monday, May 06, 2024

Sun Coming

 Sun is supposed to come to us finally here in Oregon.   It's been pouring last few days, today included.

At first, the weather stations were claiming mid 80's this weekend.  Close to 90 one Portland station said.

My phone weather app makes it look pretty promising.....


But some of the others, like this one, not so much, but at least nice.


Right now, outside.....cold and wet.


I was a little shocked to see a CNN news article about extreme flooding in southern Brazil with many deaths and others missing.   My nephew's wife and kids are in southern Brazil visiting her parents and sisters.   I texted her, asking if they were flooding but got no response.  I texted my nephew, who had to return to his job in southern Oregon after a two week visit down there, responded that where his wife and kids were sleeping, no flooding, but roads and bridges out.   I haven't heard a thing since from anyone, so I assume they are just fine.  Seems to be a lot of rain falling in a lot of places this year.

The two girls from 7-11 are leaving tomorrow for a barn home placement with Silverton Cat Rescue.  They've been here 8 days, in my bathroom 7 days.  I really don't see them, but they've even found the toilet paper to unroll.   And boy do they eat!   

Tut, the lynx point, never went back to the colony either.   When I was going to take him back, I was tired and it was pouring.   Then I saw him trembling in fright in the trap, and began baby talking him and suddenly he arched his back and wanted petted.  So I transferred him to a cage in the garage.  My goodness.  He's a big baby.  Had me fooled.

I asked the 7-11 manager about him and she said he sometimes comes into her apartment, which is behind 7-11 and is probably a sibling to the cat she has inside from the colony and that her daughter is adopting.  She relinquished him for placement.    So he goes also tomorrow to a different sort of barn home.  This one has a lonely long fixed friendly boy who needs a friend.  It might be a good match.  I hope so.


Anyhow, at least the rain will end soon.  I don't even feel like getting dressed again today.  


15 comments:

  1. Excellent news about Tut and the girls. I hope you get your sunshine - and that we get some rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tut and the girls are all settled into their new homes.

      Delete
  2. Our government weather bureau often has different forecasts and temperatures to private forecasters, yet they are using the same sources of information. It's just in the interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we were five degrees lower than originally predicted by most apps, but right on with some.

      Delete
  3. I hope your weather app is right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been, the phone weather app being more accurate than the other I posted, with temps a bit lower than predicted. Still really really nice.

      Delete
  4. Our weather forecast looked similar (high temps at the end of the week), but has since been downgraded a bit. Of course, we have not had rain (just gloom), so you are probably due for a good warm up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours too, has been downgraded a little but its still nice!

      Delete
  5. I'm glad that your relatives are okay in Brazil. I heard about that flooding on the news, also. Hope you get the forecast sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The forecast has been tampered down some, but its really nice. By Monday back to high 60's low 70's. My niece in law and the kids are supposed to fly back from Brazil June 4, but the airport they fly out of got hammered with flooding, so they're not sure it will be operational by then. Hope so.

      Delete
  6. I hope all is well with you and yours. Hugs, my dear.

    By the way, I was way behind on posting moderated comments. So the problem wasn't on your side. In fact, I'm still struggling with posting comments. ~shrugs~ First world problems are certainly more tolerable than what many others face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to remember that too, that our problems are pretty tiny by comparison.

      Delete

End of Warmth

 We had some nice days.   But the heat is gone. We'll be in the 60's again for awhile, with perhaps some drizzle. I love the heat.  ...