Friday, May 17, 2024

End of Warmth

 We had some nice days.   But the heat is gone.

We'll be in the 60's again for awhile, with perhaps some drizzle.

I love the heat.  Takes me maybe a day to acclimate then I'm in heaven with the heat.  88?   Love it.   

Back in 60's?  I'll deal with it.

I had some time in my pool too.   I got part of the lawn mowed.  I cleaned the inside of my car out.   I even removed the center console to vacuum beneath it and wash the plastic console itself.

And finally I replaced the back hatch lever.   It broke awhile back and I glued it all back together then attached it with flex tape.  But then a friend decided to open it, when it was locked and broke it apart, so it was hanging floppy style merely from the flex tape again.

I'd bought a new back hatch lever when it first broke from ebay motors.   That was months ago.  Time to put it on.   The longest part of the job was removing the gooey residue from the flex tape.  First I tried rubbing alcohol and when that didn't work, I switched to WD40 and that did work.

The rest was just taking off the two license plate lights and the hatch latch release from the old one and screwing those onto the new one.  Sure the new hatch lever came flat black, but oh well.   

That's the new hatch lever hanging from electrical wires while I have WD40 soaked paper towels across the gooey tape residue

And there is the black back hatch lever newly installed, plate number blocked with photo app.  Looks pretty darn good, in my opinion.

I got all the traps cleaned, after last Monday's load of cats were returned Tuesday.  And the cage cover laundry done.

I contacted the Corp of Engineers asking when the reservoir would be filled since it was still down 20 feet or so, and they replied they were starting to fill it now, which made my heart sing for joy.

I need to fix my kayak.   The seat straps broke from wear.  One pulled out.  The netting across the back, that holds things down, tore off and some of the hooks it attached to were broken.  I ordered a new seat and some new attachments and elastic cord, instead of netting, to hold carry on things down, off amazon a couple or three months ago.  Time to install the new seat and the new hold downs on the back.

There's always a lot of projects in the spring.   Fix its usually, that I've put off.


14 comments:

  1. Good job on the lever. That's the sort of thing I would find someone else to do. I'm pretty handy, but I would have no idea how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go. Showing off your handy skills, again. :) Great job on the lever fix, and good timing to fix your kayak in time for the reservoir filling. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really a simple thing to change, fortunately. And also, I do watch youtube. I just love youtube how to video people. They're so earnest and willing to show every step of pretty much everything on earth, how to fix or replace it.

      Delete
  3. Well done. Like the commentator above I would get someone else to do it. I hear you on the projects that need doing though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wish I had that option, but I don't. So I watch youtube videos and try to do it myself. Like I mowed the lawn today and I hate yardwork and so wish sometimes I had the bucks to hire out a lawn company, like several neighbors do. But also I need the exercise.

      Delete
  4. It's turning hot and humid here, and we'll probably turn the air conditioner on over the weekend. I personally wish we'd have a couple more weeks of temperatures conducive to open windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could take humidity. I like my windows open too, and the front door. I have screens to keep the cats in. I really like open windows at night. I hope it doesn't get too hot and humid there. I've never really experienced much humidity. We don't get it much here.

      Delete
  5. A job well done and how good that the reservoir is being filled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait, Andrew!!! To head up to the reservoir, once its full. That is just making me happy to think about.

      Delete
    2. I'd like to live on the water. I think I would do ok as a river rat or brat or whatever, on some small crappy boat, with a rain cover. Course living on the water on a nice boat would be very ok too. I like to sleep rocking with the water on a boat.

      Delete
  6. WD-40 is handy for that sort of thing-- But it takes a while for the smell to go away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you got some good news for a change. ~hugs~ You would like it here; the heat wore me out while working outside this morning. And kudos on more awesome repairs! You're an inspiration, my dear. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But is it humid? I can't do humid heat. Just good ol dry heat.

      Delete

Got Mom

 Caught mom of the little kitten who died last night, late, at the complex in Lebanon. Another Lebanon woman, much younger than me, by about...