Sunday, March 24, 2024

Round Up


Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed there now.  She's going to graduate vet school this May or early June and head on back to Idaho, where she's from.  Big loss for Harrisburg and Oregon.  Wish she'd stick around.

The other three who were to go are from Albany, born as kittens around the SS building.  I'd been called to come trap them, but by then, the SS workers hadn't seen them for awhile.  Middle of night, with trap set, no cats seen, which I thought strange, a lady goes up near the trap, then heads back to her car.  I jump out of my car, and yell at her and she comes on over.  She'd already caught the kittens and the mom.   I offered then to help get them fixed, but she thought she could get it done.  But hasn't.  However, she only caught one of the three, who now roam her house, as they're still wildish.    That left me short two cats.

But never fear, I'd loaned a trap out to the camp hosts to catch Starla, whom a previous camp host couldn't get caught before they left the campground.   I'd gotten Starla and her brother fixed years ago.   Anyhow, when I was leaving the park, after spending four hours checking traps without luck, but it was during the day, I saw a big black male wandering around near where one trap had been set spray marking to beat the band and thought, he's gonna get caught in that trap.  I'd left one for the hosts to set.  Sure enough, they caught him last night instead of Starla.   Poor Starla.  But this boy will get fixed and returned.

I then asked the vet student if she could catch another and she did. I drove down to pick him up.  So that's five.  There are even more there around where she lives, after the tons she's gotten fixed already.  Since she'll be leaving soon, I want as many done as possible there.

The moon was bright and beautiful tonight.  Supposed to be very wet again tomorrow.   When will spring show itself in some more sunny days?   Just yearning for more sun, is all.



Bob made a return to my back driveway within an hour of his release yesterday.  I fixed him yet another bed, but he ran off when I went outside, calling him.   He'll be back.

Here are photos of the five boys up being fixed today.

The Harrisburg vet student three:

Baxter

GreenEyes

Jay the Gray

The Albany boy:

Claus

And yet another from the park:

Boo
If they show up in the park, they're going to get fixed, at least.  If they show up in my yard, same thing.  Just the way it is. 



12 comments:

  1. That moon was lovely. It is such a shame that your vet student is leaving. A huge shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was gorgeous, peeking in and out of the dark stormy clouds. Should we kidnap the vet student? LOL just kidding.

      Delete
  2. Day by day Bob will realize how good he has it at your place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, he actually spends way more time at various neighbor houses.

      Delete
  3. Wait, so is Starla fixed or not? At least you've gotten five that you'd be chasing later anyway, so that's something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I got starla fixed many years back.

      Delete
  4. Too bad the vet student is leaving, but she's been such a big help while she's here. Who knows? Eventually, Bob may become tame now that his hormones aren't raging. Or at least tamer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, hopefully. He spends most of his time at or near the blue house on the other street, and I think likely he originated there.

      Delete
  5. That's a beautiful video of the moon and clouds. Great job with the cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That moon was glorious!

      Delete
  6. Great video of the moon, and awesome work helping more kitties. I'm always thrilled whenever you get some assistance. :D Be well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thrilled to get assistance too. The more the better in fact.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...