Saturday, March 23, 2024

Bob Out

 This morning, early, I went out into the garage, and Bob was growling at me.  He is cage weary.

So I put Gigi in the house, opened the garage door, then his cage door, and out he went.

I couldn't keep him in there any longer.   He's unhappy and isn't tame.   He's cared for by many many neighbors.   Good luck Bob.

I'd had another huge boy in my garage a night.  He's from Lebanon and had been fighting with a woman's cats, then even came in her house through her cat door to pretend he lived there, fighting with her cats even inside.  So she shut him in a bedroom and asked for help getting him fixed.

I got an extra appointment yesterday for that to get done.  She got him into a trap Thursday.   I had him in the garage overnight and boy, did he create a stir, with his extreme boy smell and bad attitude.  He upset Bob.  He upset Gigi and even my own cats because the smell permeated everywhere.  Made my eyes water.

Speaking of my eyes, I had another event, this time with the other eye.  I bent over and suddenly had lights shooting everywhere, but this time in my left eye.  No floater fest though, like happened with my right eye.

I'd had terrible allergies begin, with the very very high pollen counts in the valley currently.  So I wonder if that was what triggered it, my running watering eyes, me rubbing them, from the allergies.  Anyhow, another vitreous fluid tear, but thankfully, no retinal tear.  I went to the eye doctor the next day to be sure my retina was ok.

Anyway, Hercules, the massive male, was fixed yesterday and I returned him to my friend last night.   She'll keep him in the bedroom again overnight, then let him out.   Then she has to clean up the smell she endured from his maleness in that bedroom.    Hopefully Hercules will survive the next couple months with hormones diminishing until they're gone.   The big boys have no friends until they've been fixed a few months.

She told me her truck gas tank got siphoned a few nights ago.  She has it on her door cam, although the person is in all black, but she's pretty sure she knows who it is.  The guy is a menace and she says very angry, which makes me concerned for her safety.  She filed a police report and got a locking gas cap.  Won't help, maybe be worse, cause then, I heard on the news, they punch a hole in the gas tank with a screwdriver or drill and get their free gas that way.

Same hope for Bob, that he'll make it through the next couple months too.  Cisco, the other boy fixed from my yard a few weeks ago, is doing great and buddying up with Fritter, of all cats.

The rains began again.   Will be raining off and on at least for the next seven days.   What else is new here.

Hercules


11 comments:

  1. Those vitreous tears are nasty aren't they? And disconcerting. I hope they settle down for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the sudden flashing light thing. Fortunately I knew immediately, from it happening with my right eye, what was going on. This one was just lights. The first one, after the ditch fall, was more a floater field, than lights, from a blood vessel rupture, but that's more common with traumatic injury tears.

      Delete
  2. I hope your eyes are okay. This isn't like an ocular migraine, is it? Yay, Bob is fixed. I'll be interesting to hear if he settles down without the hormones running wild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no pain involved, just sudden lights. The vitreous fluid sac is attached to the retina and with age, or trauma, it can detach from the retina, but if it sticks and pulls on the retina anywhere in the process, it produces the lights. It happened to my right eye after I fell in that ditch slamming against the right side of my face, and with that one, I experienced also, besides a few lights, a field of floaters in my eye, that were blood particles from a burst vessel. Most of those floaters are now gone, reabsorbed. Fluid sac tears are extremely common as we age, experience head trauma, or the like. The only problem is if it creates a tear in the retina. That allows fluid in and over time, the retina can then detach, causing vision loss, hence the need for medical monitoring after an event, to be sure the retina is still intact.

      Delete
    2. "I hope your eyes are okay. This isn't like an ocular migraine, is it?"

      I have migraines that don't hurt (they're called "silent migraines") but do cause me to see flashing lights. However, I don't relate their onset to posture.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad that the retina wasn't involved in the last tear. That can be quite serious. My husband a retina tear, but luckily was able to get it fixed. How do you get rid of the strong smells?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a combination of soap and hydrogen peroxide, to get rid of the smell. Vinegar can also help.

      Delete
  4. (I bent over and suddenly had lights shooting everywhere..."

    Do you have low blood pressure? When the same thing happened to me, it was due to a vitreous detachment, but can also indicate a retinal detachment. How soon can you see an ophthalmologist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already saw one and no retinal detachment. Yeah, with my bp meds sometimes my bp is a little on the low side, but the doctor wanted to keep it same dose, at least for six more months.

      Delete
    2. My sodium levels are lowest normal, and I know I need to eat a bit more salt. I don't like salty food. My Idaho brother has the same issue and keeps potato chips around to much down if his bp gets too low.

      Delete

The Blues

 The blues have taken hold.  The weather turned to crap after two decent days.  Well only one of those days turned out warm, without the win...