Friday, March 01, 2024

Lousy weather

 It snowed here this morning although the snow did not stick.   Windy and cold this afternoon.



I wish we'd get at least even a day of decent weather.

I didn't even try to do anything for my birthday.   I wasn't hungry so going out to eat was not appealing.   The weather has been so depressing for so long.

I did annoy my cats by singing Happy Birthday to myself a few times.

Someone shared this post from an Albany facebook group.  I'm not a member and won't become one to respond to an idiot spreading falsehoods.


Most likely the lady in the post was misled by her neighbor who told her his landlord was doing this "new" TNR where you just dump cats off anywhere after they are fixed and likely in reality is trapping and dumping cats and told her neighbor that, if he did and the neighbor didn't make it up, so people would think he was in the right to do it.   Who knows.  There's so much animal neglect and abuse around here.

There's no warmth to be had clear through the end of March.  The highest temp predicted is 60 degrees.  For the next several days we are to have a rain snow mix.


Both my brothers called me which made my day.   Next year maybe I'll celebrate my birthday in the summer, when maybe it will be warm and I'll feel like doing something.

9 comments:

  1. Hopefully you'll get nicer weather soon. I heard that this cold thing you've had is supposed to pass down to us this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! We've had record amounts of rainfall the last three months. We deserve a break. Where do I submit my weather complaints?

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday. We've had raw weather the past few days and I can't wait for Spring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of the country can't wait for spring.

      Delete
  3. That FB post is terribly written and I can barely understand it.
    Better still, have two birthdays, one when it is warmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, may be the result of drug use. Too poorly written to be from an adult with a rational brain.

      Delete
  4. We're having rain for a few days. Right now it's 39 and raining. I'd rather have it snow.
    I say go for the summer birthday. My mother's birthday was the day after Christmas and she changed the celebration to March on the same day. When we went to college, that date usually coincided with our spring breaks, so we would be home to celebrate with her. When she was having dementia problems, we had to tell the doctors that when she said her birthday was in March, she was right (so to speak). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of having it when the weather is nicer. By March here, everyone is so sick of the constant wet and gray. Maybe in July. By July usually we have sun.

      Delete
  5. I always liked having my birthday in February because it provided a bright spot, at least in my youth. lol I'm glad your brothers remembered. Now, if only we could TNR animal abusers. Grrr...

    Best wishes and hugs, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

Five Cats Fixed Yesterday

 Two Liliths from two towns were fixed yesterday.  Coincidence?  I guess. This Lilith is from Lebanon and was left behind by her people at a...