Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Some Success

I worked to find another way to afford internet this morning.  Found a link where I could apply online to switch over to Xfinity's low cost slowest speed Internet Essentials.   Allegedly you were to have to be without Xfinity internet to get it, for 90 days.  I thought, well, if I have to go without for 90 days, I can do that.  The link on their website would not work, stating there was an active account here, so I was ineligible for internet essentials.

But then found another link that said if you were in the ACP already, you could switch to Internet Essentials.  

I called customer service and four reps later, was switched over to Internet Essentials.  I felt relief.  Now I could afford internet and not worry.  That was before I checked the mail.

In my mail, I got a second water bill this month from the city.  Merely 12 days from the bill I just paid that was over $120.  That amount I paid was credited on this bill, which was for another $117.  WTF.  How on earth can they bill you for water/sewer twice in the same month?  

I still don't know.   I tried calling the city water billing department multiple times to no avail. No answer.  The phone tree would state they had no service rep available and to leave a message, they'd call back.   I hate those sorts of messages, like I live with my phone by my side constantly and am always available every minute of the working day to get the call back.  I left a message, got a call back late afternoon, but it was when I was doing something else and wasn't with my phone.  I tried calling back immediately after discovering they had called, but same thing, said to leave a message.   I emailed them.  No response so far.  So I've done what I can do.  I'm not paying again, so soon after I paid this months bill the 16th.  

I'm having a birthday.  Yikes, another.  No plans.

I'm hoping soon we'll have some better weather.  Today it was wet and windy.  I think the mountains are getting a lot of snow.   The constant wet is getting to me.  I can't remember my last significant human contact.  The jury thing doesn't count.   

My kitties all seem happy today.   Maybe tomorrow I'll get the water bill thing straightened out.

Update on water bill:  I have no clue still how they do things.  They replied by email that the bill I got in January was really for December and the mid February bill was really for January water, but how come then I suddenly get another bill, this one they say for February, but before February even ends?  I have no idea.   I can't grasp it.  They blame the post office, for some reason.    I'll wait til the very last day I can to pay since I don't have big pots of money sitting around here to pay these huge water bills.   Yes, we have high water/sewer rates here.  Several folk have expressed surprise at such a cost per month.   I believe at least two towns in this county are in the top ten highest water prices in state.   I have no idea why.  My brother in Idaho was aghast when I told him the average monthly bill.   

12 comments:

  1. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over what period is the water bill?
    A very happy birthday to you dearest, as someone who has interested, amused and entertained me for now so many years. So there is your 50th ticked off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A month, is the period. I didn't save the first one's time span, I'll have to check closer on the second, but there would have to be a two week overlap since they come only monthly, until yesterday that is. LOL my 50th. You are kind.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you found a good solution for your internet. Good luck getting your water bill straightened out. We have had two different large water bills that we had to get straightened out. One we actually owed because a hose outside had been left on. The other was a mistake in reading the meter and it got corrected. I hate waiting for a call whether it is on hold or a call back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised it didn't take longer to change over internet, maybe an hour total. The water bill took much longer to attempt to remedy yesterday without solution. So being on hold with Xfinity repeatedly was not as stressful to me as the repeat attempts to get the water people, without result and the frustration of the missed call.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry about the water bill. That is ridiculous. ~hugs~ Good job on solving your Internet issues, at least. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy to find I could switch to Internet Essentials with comcast. I don't really notice any speed difference, now that I"m on it. Or any consequence of a slower speed I should say.

      Delete
  5. Phoning anyone official sucks. They make it difficult on purpose. I'm sorry the water bill is so high. That's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's terribly costly to live here. Didn't used to be. I'd like to move somewhere I could actually get along better but I can't afford to move either. Rock and hard place.

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear about your billing nightmares. I hate having to resolve stuff like this, and it happens all too often. And then trying to work through the computer voice options makes everything worse, and they make it hard to impossible to talk to an actual human being!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find myself begging a computer voice to put a real human on the line.

      Delete

Five Cats Fixed Yesterday

 Two Liliths from two towns were fixed yesterday.  Coincidence?  I guess. This Lilith is from Lebanon and was left behind by her people at a...