Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Bob Looks Better

 When I picked up Bob and the other cats yesterday, I was thrilled to see what a great job the clinic did cleaning up his messed up ear.  They shaved the area, cleaned his wounds, and stitched them up.  These are claw wounds, that reach inside his ear.   Poor guy.   He also got a long lasting antibiotic injection.  I so love that clinic, even with all their recent issues with changing software, and the change of ownership.  The clinic staff and vets are just wonderful.

Bob, just a stray boy, got the royal treatment yesterday.  It really fills my heart with gratitude and happiness.



He's back in the garage cage set up.  He has plenty of room and will be there awhile.

After I dropped off Bob and the four Scravel cats at the clinic I went to pick up my 12 traps loaned out in Lebanon.  I also left her two traps I don't use anymore, that need a few modifications.  Her husband is a welder, and if she can get him to do it, can easily fix them up to be better than they were.  Both work as is, but could use those changes.   

Then I stopped by a friends place.   She said, "Guess who's in the back bedroom."   She'd been having this huge unfixed male visit her place, fight with her cats and even come in the house to fight with her cats and pretend he lives there.  So she shut him in the back bedroom til he can be neutered somewhere.   She hopes she can get him into a trap to be fixed.

We went to the park then.  A park host was moved along, for whatever reason and didn't have time to trap his cat, who was mostly outside their trailer with her brother.   I got those two fixed for them long ago.  They were two of Bootsie's second to last litter.  Another camp host back then, with lots of unfixed cats, fed Bootsie but never got her fixed.  KATA tried many times but once I got involved, Bootsie got fixed and her last litter went to Heartland Humane.   Anyhow, that's where Starla got fixed and now she needs caught and returned to her owners.   

I didn't see her yesterday but will; try setting traps maybe tomorrow.  My friend put food and water out for her.  

I picked up the cats, at the clinic late afternoon and came home and settled Bob back into his garage cage where he can recuperate.   The other four were picked up near 8:00 p.m. by their caretaker.  Since he and his wife go to work early, I can't get them back to them in the morning, so they have to recuperate them.   14 fixed from that colony now.

Gray, a young male

Tangerine, also a young male

Zeke, a mature male

Zenith, a young buff tux female


Our weather has been beautiful, not hot by any means, but sunny and near 70 to just over 70.  Today is the last day of that.  Should get to high 60's.  Then the rain starts again and continues for the rest of the forecast period.




9 comments:

  1. I wondering if Bob might be a little tamer now that he's getting things fixed. Maybe he could find a good home. Bob has stolen my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure is laid back, that's for sure.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad Bob got patched up. And now that he's fixed, perhaps he won't be getting into as many fights. One can hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we can hope but it usually takes a couple months for those hormones to subside. And I spotted the killer tabby boy, just up in the next block. He used to come to the neighbors to eat too, she had said, but hasn't been around in awhile. So we shall see. If he shows up here again, he will get fixed. Cisco, the other stray boy I got fixed a few weeks back, is already hanging out like a friend with Fritter, aka Fred, aka Kujo. And Fritter is not going after him. So, that was fast.

      Delete
  3. Bob's a lucky fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob is good looking yellow kitty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is also quite laid back, at least in the cage where he's recuperating.

      Delete
  5. This post has brightened my chilly day. Hugs and well wishes to all, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

The Blues

 The blues have taken hold.  The weather turned to crap after two decent days.  Well only one of those days turned out warm, without the win...