Friday, March 15, 2024

9 More

 I caught 9 more cats and even though the feeder lady had only 7 spots, she contacted FCCO and they let us bring up all 9.

The day before, the Sweet Home women had 12, but 12 didn't make it to the clinic.  Someone I know transported for them.  She was horrified, because one cat escaped a broken down trap while they were loading them up in the dark in her truck Wednesday morning.  But worse, a second escaped another broken insecure trap during check in, at the clinic, which is done outside on tables.   That cat is likely doomed, in that dense difficult neighborhood.  You can't look for the cat because its all private properties jammed together.

Course that horrified me too, to hear about.  And yesterday, while there, off and on, I walked the area, calling, because the cat is purportedly tame, an unfixed brown tabby named Simba.  No sign of him.   

Anyhow, Wednesday I was at the colony I was trapping three times, hoping to get every last one of them, so I wouldn't have to return.  In the end, by 8:00 that night, I did get every last one of them.  Nine more!   Makes 13 at this little spot.

Five males, four females.

With so many huge stinky males, my car, my garage all smell!   Bob has been around as a result of the smell, drawn to it.   I saw him briefly and one side of his face was bloody.  I set a trap but did not catch him.   Last night, when I got home he was here and looked so bad.   Nothing though, when I set the trap.

I was horrified to find out I have a doctor's appointment this morning early.   In fact in 45 minutes.   Shoot.   I overnighted the nine cats in my car, since my neck, shoulder, back--all sore from carrying so many cats in traps.   They'll go with me to the doctor's appointment, then I'll drive them directly home to their location and people.

Yesterday morning, frazzled and already tired, I put out seven traps for a Lebanon woman who has spots Saturday, to pick up while I was gone.  She was miffed I only put 7 when she has 12 spots but said her husband would pick them up.  He didn't and her excuse was he was fighting all day with his adult son.  Really?  She'd told me he'd be working all day and pick them up on the way home.   Now what?  Does she expect me to deliver them to her door because nobody of all the relatives living in that house will bother?    Sometimes I feel exceedingly used.

Well I have to get moving.  Here are the 9 cats fixed yesterday.

A girl

All three blacks were boys

Boy

Very large male

Girl

Girl

Young skinny girl


Boy

And the third black male

I got home near 7:00 p.m. very tired even though I slept in the back of my car a couple hours up in Portland.   It'll take a couple days to rest up but nine more fixed!

10 comments:

  1. That's great that they took the other two. I hope that the cat that escaped ends up finding a home. Could be. If it's tame, perhaps a nice person will take it in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm hopeful since he's tame maybe he stands a chance.

      Delete
  2. Sadly you putting in the hard work and others not bothering in any way to help is a recurring theme. What can you do? Nothing. Just think of the cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, can't change people much once they're adults. Set in ways, for better or worse.

      Delete
  3. Good work on all of your traps. I hope you are able to catch the elusive Bob soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get people who fight with there children, at any age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think he's living with them, but refusing to look for work.

      Delete
  5. You're my hero. Hugs and blessings, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

The Blues

 The blues have taken hold.  The weather turned to crap after two decent days.  Well only one of those days turned out warm, without the win...